Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2005, 09:10 AM   #81
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We have a light-colored partially rigid curtain that separates the bed and bath area. The curtain doesn't really provide privacy as it's very lightweight and leaves nothing to the imagination if you are on the other side. The curtain also stops about 2 to 2-1/2 feet from the floor.

A nice accordian wood door that goes from ceiling-to-floor might be an acceptable solution for most folks.

Is there a way folks can "design" floorplans and submit their ideas to Keystone? Are there certain design elements that when designing we would need to know about? Who knows, maybe one of us would come up with a floorplan that becomes a best seller. After all, who better to design one than a long-time consumer of the product?

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 12:40 AM   #82
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Of course, we bought used, so we have the privacy doors, and feel that they give a much classier look to the bedroom area. I doubt the curtains would dissuade me from buying a new unit if I was in the market for one, but having looked at new units this spring, have to agree that they are a step in the wrong direction.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:34 PM   #83
Montana_354
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #354
We're coming in late on this thread, but we would not consider buying a rig with a simple curtain or even the accordian divider for that matter. Our doors are unlocked and ready to be used as soon as we set up camp. They are great noise buffers as previously mentioned, offer privacy, etc. They need to start sending their 'designers' out to live in different floor plans for 6-8 weeks at a time to get a better feel for things.
Kalamity
Montana_354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:30 PM   #84
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Not having the doors dosen't bother us, but we generally are by ourselves, in fact we removed them from our 3280. I was thinking though; a door requirement put on the designers for ALL floorplans would not be a good thing. It would limit buyers choices and eliminate some excellent floorplans that many folks could find desirable. If a floorplan doesn't lend itself to doors and the buyer must have them, they need to look at a plan that does, or compromise. Those designs that do offer a choice should have an with/without option. The suggestion to install wooden accordian type doors is very good, especially as an option. That would keep the morning sun from shining through the shower skylight and waking me up too early.

I also note there are no Montana floorplans that lend themselves to solid doors. These plans seem to me to offer more apparent, usable, room than the ones of a few years ago. It would probably be in Montana's interests to offer at least one plan that did have that square design that doors would fit. Maybe the most popular of the older plans?

By the way, has anyone else noticed the options list as gotten considerably smaller for the 2005's?

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 11:34 PM   #85
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
No doors no Montana..Cardinal is now at the top of our list..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 07:10 AM   #86
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Out present Camper a Terry TT has a heavy vinylsliding privacy door on the bedroom side of the bathroom and a wooden sliding door on the living room area of the bathroom. Now I have NOT seen the curtian but it does not sound good. I can understand doing away wuth the solid wood doors they take up to much space for one thing.Wife who is charge of selecting the interior will not go for the curtian..To bad because we really want that 3295..
Old 04-07-2005, 01:35 PM   #87
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
For whatever it's worth, I looked at the manufacturers sites at 5er floorplans for Sunny Brook, Cardinal, Ceder Creek, Hitch Hiker, and Hitch Hiker II, American Star, Cypress, Kountry Star, Mountain Aire, Kountry Aire, Holliday Rambler Presidential, Alumascape and Jayco Designer. The majority, probably more than 80/90 %, have the open bed/bath design, they do not appear to have sliding privicy doors.

richfaa, we replaced our doors with heavy, lined, living room type drapes on a travers {sp} rod.

Skip
Old 04-07-2005, 04:21 PM   #88
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Question..In your home..do you have a DOOR on your bathroom..If you have a master bedroom with a bathroom..do you have a door of some sort on your bathroom..Of course you do..Why would you NOT want or have one in your RV????? Does not have to be a solid door..It can be a sliding door or even a vinyl sliding door..But NO door..I do not believe there is NO door at all.....
Old 04-07-2005, 04:49 PM   #89
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Rich,

re the door between the master bedroom and master bathroom in our stick built house.

There was one, in fact, there still is one, in our basement! We took it down the first week we lived in the house, and it is still down there. Don't need it.

We have the solid door in the Montana, and have never used it. We do use the one right at the stairs going to the bedroom, but have never used the big one that closes off the bed from the rest of the bathroom.

BUT, we never have guests in the Montana and there is a door between the hall way and the master bedroom in the stick built to provide the privacy we might want when we have guests.

I see it as an issue of lifestyle and what the manufacturers see as "preferred by our customerrs". For you, this is a deal breaker. For me, it was a desk that was NO WHERE near the TV. Every unit I looked at with the desk under the TV I walked away from! I kept looking till we found the 3295. I was in in 30 seconds and knew this was the layout!! We did not pay a lot of attention to the layout of the bedroom, bathroom, etc. Except that I knew I could wiggle out of a wet pair of blue jeans, cause the bathroom area was large enough, it had a large closet, (actually 2 large closets) 6 nice dresser drawers, a big tub and mirrors! My last unit only had the mirrors over the sink, you know us gals, we like to see how this outfit looks before we walk out the door. Specially if you are dressed up for dinner or a party, wedding, or church. All my requirements for the bed/bath area were met, and we loved the kitchen and the DESK!!!

We looked at so many trailers/5ers we lost count in the first year. We looked for 5 years. If this door is a deal breaker for you, you might want to look for another year or so, layouts change so much, and you might find that some manufacturer will come back out with that door.

Don't settle for what won't make you happy! Go find the deal maker! I hear your pain, it was mine until I found the 3295.

I hope you do not find this to sound insulting, as it is not intended that way at all. We want you to be happy with your new unit when you finally purchase it!! We wish you all the best, and anxiously await hearing about your final decision.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:54 PM   #90
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I take everything back..I was thinking TT's not 5ers. I ran across the street and looked at my neighbors Cardinal 5er..Of course there is a door on the bathroom..It would not be a big deal to do some sort of a privacy door between the bath and bedroom and I can understand why Montana removed them..not that it was a good idea why fix something that was not broke..But I can see the logic.. We still wnat some sort of divider .If Montana won't provide them we can rig something up. Won't be the first time...
Old 04-07-2005, 05:10 PM   #91
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
PittsNhRv, I just looked at the old and new '05 Montana brochures, the new 3670 has the identical bed/bath floorplan as the 3400. You will need to find an early '05 3670 to get the sliding privacy doors.

Skip

Old 04-08-2005, 04:47 AM   #92
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I understand what you are saying Countryguy..Wife has a long list of things that WILL be in our next Rv..and they WILL be there..,We have walked out of many a Rv because it did not included what we wanted..and you are correct..you should not settle for less..We are discouraged right now because the 3295 had everything on the list..now it does not..It might seem like a little thing to some folks..but this will be our retirement Rv and our last RV and it WILL be exactly what we want..to wife the door is a deal breaker..so be it.Perhaps it will re-appear we hope so..If not we will keep looking .We Have till the end of the 2005 Model year..We just thought our quest was over with the 3295....such is life...
Old 04-08-2005, 06:28 AM   #93
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
richfaa; you might still be able to find an early '05 3295 by calling around, they have the privacy doors according to the early brochures. I called our dealer and he doesn't have one, just early 3400, 3650, and one of the 29 series.

Skip

Old 04-08-2005, 07:43 AM   #94
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well we shall see..we blew most of our $ on the new truck so will not be able to get the camper till Spring(Jan Rv Show) We are in a pay as we go mode..no big bills for our retirement years. We shall see what the 06 3295 floor plan looks like..Sounds like there are enough folks unhappy with the door removal to bring them back....or offer the option.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:23 AM   #95
tollmann
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1824
The option should definately be offered. The solid sliding doors in our unit get used every night to keep the morning sun from the shower out. I am a late riser when we are on the road. Now if I can only convince the dog to hold it for a while longer.
tollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:50 AM   #96
w4nfr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #646
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PittsNhRv

Keystone officials should take note of how many people are disapointed with the elimaination of a privacy door between the bedroom and bathroom area (see Hitchhiker Discover America in the General Forum)

We had decided upon ordering the 3400 but now are having second thoughts...at least the 3670 still does...a possible comprimise.

If it is a choice between a king size bed and the doors..we would opt for the doors. Make the 3400 with the bed/bath layout of the 3570 and you have created our dream 5r.
w4nfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:58 AM   #97
w4nfr
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #646
[quote]Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

I just took a good look at the MONTANA 2005 MODELS post by Lady RV on Feb 3rd. This post shows the floor plans as well as the standard and optional equipment for each model.
It appears to me that NONE, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA of the 2005 Montanas have a door between the bedroom and bath. Nor is the door listed as an option.

[size=2]We love our 2004 Big Sky Montana 3575RL and the privacy door between the bathroom and bedroom. It serves several purposes like keeping the bathroom warmer and helps minimize the noise. I would not buy an RV without these doors. I think it was a huge mistake for Montana to have removed these doors. Hopefully, they will bring them back before we buy our new rig or I will keep shopping. Gotta have my doors! [/size=2]
w4nfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 07:14 AM   #98
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We just looked at a 2006 3400 and I thought there WAS a privacy door between the bedroom and bathroom..Now I am not so sure???
Old 07-03-2005, 07:41 AM   #99
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
You can put your own privacy doors in. Someone at our Western Regional rally had done that. We saw so many neat enhancements, I don't remember who but it was a 3400.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote