Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Arizona RV Resort/campground

We would like to spend 3 or 4 months in Arizona this coming winter. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Between Phoenix and Tuscon would be nice. We live in Alaska and have been spending winters in Florida for the past 3 years. We'd like to try Arizona, it would be closer for us to fly home once in a while for a few days while in Arizona. Thanks for your help with this.

Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
HamRad, Dennis should be able to help you on this Ron & Nelly. They have camped in Arizona quite a bit if I remember correctly.

I haven't been to Arizona since I was in my twenties but I sure loved it. I think it would be a great place to winter. Of course Dick would love to winter in Alaska and snowboard. He keeps dreamin' of Alyeska and helliboarding.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Ron and Nelly,

The entire area between and around both Tucson and Phoenix have hundreds if not thousands of RV Resorts and Parks. As you probably know during the winter months these CGs become very active! Many of them are 100% full. It is not unusual to have to make reservations at least a year in advance.

Having said that you will probably have no trouble finding a place. You may find that you'll have to move around a couple of times but that can work in your favor by giving you more chances to see different areas of the southwest.

We visited the Voyager RV Resort and Inn just south of Tucson just a few months ago. We're scouting it for a possible MOC Rally. It is a very nice resort and will in fact be the meeting place for the upcoming MOC Spring National Rally. Their website is www.voyagerrv.com ..... Check them out.

Another one located in Tucson is Beaudry RV.

And if you've never done Quartszite in January you must do it at least one time. If you're not familiar with it it is basically a huge gathering of RVs of all sizes and shapes in the desert of AZ. It is not unusual to have over 1/4 million RVs spread out around the little town of Quartszite.

Some people spend the entire winter season in this area. Most boondock but there are about 70 to 100 RV parks in and around Q. For a long stay you will need to get reservations about a year in advance. We've been going now for about 5 years and will be going again in 2008. We only stay about a week or so and then move back home or another park in Benson, Why, Gila Bend, Casa Grande or any of the other towns or cities in the southwest. Yuma is also very popular and has many parks. Plan on joining us at Quartszite this coming January.

Hopefully others will jump in and share their favorite park(s).

And there are many folks who live in the area that can pass along some great info for you.

Good luck and enjoy.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 02:18 AM   #4
MikeM
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6892
Last winter was our first in AZ and we're headed back to the same spot again this winter, Nov-Mar. We stay at the Resort RV Park in Mesa and found it to be very nice with a variety of activities available. Here's their web site: http://resortrvpark.com/index.html

There are boat loads of spots in and around Phoenix and Tucson, so I'm sure you won't have any problem. Many others on the Forum have spent time there and will, I'm sure, be willing to share their experiences.

Hope to see you in AZ!
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:05 AM   #5
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
We winter at Fountain of Youth RV Resort in Southern CA. It's located about 1 hour south of Palm Springs on the EAST shore of the Salton Sea. We like it because it is 1 hour north or south for major shopping 2 hours from Yuma and Algodonas Mexico about 3 hours from Quartzsite, AZ and because it is away from the city it is quiet. Has everything you would want: small grocery store, farmers market twice a week, beauty shop, church services, great mineral water for pools and hot tubs, bocce ball, horseshoes, tennis you name it they have it. And it is only 1850$ for 4 months and that includes utilities....check it out at www.foyspa.com. Can't wait for winter.
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:12 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
FYI http://www.allstays.com/Campgrounds/...ampgrounds.htm
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:19 AM   #7
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
Think you would like this one, has about everything.
http://www.palmcreekgolf.com/
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:31 AM   #8
Dont
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6371
Send a message via MSN to Dont Send a message via Yahoo to Dont
Hi We stay at Meridian RV resort in Apache Juction last year Their web site is WWW.MeridianRVResort.com 866-770-0080 We Just Love it and will be going back in Oct. Talk To Jim
Dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:54 PM   #9
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
You will find that there are many campgrounds on the Colorado River from Bullhead City all the way to Yuma. You can find them in and near small towns on both sides of the river.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 02:56 AM   #10
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
We winter East of Mesa and Apache Junction AZ at the Canyon Vistas RV Resort in Gold Canyon. I am also the webmaster of the website for the residents there. You can see a bit of what goes on at Canyon Vistas by checking out the residents' website linked below.

http://canyonvistasrv.com/

Besides providing a bit of service (hopefully) for the residents, I have found that developing and maintaining the website has been good excercise to keep my synapses firing properly after retirement in 2000.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #11
pasha26287
Established Member

M.O.C. #5815
Send a message via AIM to pasha26287 Send a message via Yahoo to pasha26287
We found a nice resort from friends we met while staying in Eureka Springs, AR. Try Desert Trails RV Park. it is about 9 miles west of Tucson. Lots of activities, well maintained park, wonderful people and nicely priced. $400/mo. $2400/yr + elec. Pool, hot tub, Free WIFI and weekly get togethers. We will be there around the 5th of Nov for the winter. there is an AirForce base and a VA hospital in Tucson. Also the biggest Gem Show in the US there in Feb. Email me for more info if interested.
pasha26287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #12
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
We have wintered in Yuma for the past two years at Cocopah Golf & RV Resort ---- we enjoy it very much and we do like the Yuma area.You can check out their website at Cocopah RV & Golf Resort.com.

Les & Julie
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:02 AM   #13
Rocky2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2840
We spent the night at Picacho Campground off I-10 a while back.

It seemed like a nice park and the people were very friendly and they do have shady spots.

Happy travels, Laura
Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote