Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2019, 02:55 PM   #21
dlp99

M.O.C. #21205
Andersen Hitch

The hitch is attached via rail system. Driver side hitch is tight to bed. Pax side there is about 1/8 inch play connecting to rail. I notice 5th wheel sits a little higher at hitch than it did with Superglide. I’m at a loss to explain.

dlp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Trailersaver BD 3 by Hensley.It is not inexpensive but a very good and stable hitch.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:20 PM   #23
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
If the attachment of the hitch to bed is loose anywhere then that is likely your "chucking". As stated earlier, the Andersen ball inside the Andersen coupler cannot chuck...there is no slop in that connection. Is your coupler properly torqued and tighened to the pin and plate? Within the Andersen Hitch system there is no movement to cause chucking. Hitch to trailer or hitch to truck is where I would be looking.

Maybe you can attach some pics.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:54 PM   #24
saber707
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17531
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylwt View Post
I have a Pullrite hitch non slider long bed truck and everytime I hook up I always have that uneasy feeling is it latched, the hitch wraps around the pin and yes I look to see if it has and the pull to release arm is pull in. I am thinking of going to a Anderson ball hitch I have rails so I would go to the steel hitch but when it's hooked up there is no doubt it's hooked up. The only problem I can see is the hitch is lower in the bed of the truck and harder to hook up unlike mine I can see it out the back window and I have orange lineup stripes painted on the pin box and hitch plate.
Any thoughts?
Been using Pullrite for years. Never a problem when is looks like you describe. You must just be itching to change.
saber707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:36 PM   #25
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
I got real lazy and bought a cheap WIFI back up camera that uses your cell phone screen as a monitor that sits on the dash, off Ebay, mounted the camera on the hitch and back her in on the first try every time. Even in the pitch dark. Lovin the AU more each trip. Try that with the wife screaming at you " Left, Left no I mean Right ,Right oh shoot I mean Left Left "
what is the name of that camera and what did it cost? I have some other uses for it.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 05:23 AM   #26
L0veless
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19132
Send a message via AIM to L0veless
I switched last year from the BW companion to the Pullrite superlight and never looked back. the BW is a fantastic hitch never had any issues what so ever. reason for the change as I use my truck a lot and need the bed. BW was so (turn over style )heavy constantly changing out even hooked up a gantry at home to help. I went with the pullrite over the Anderson only because Pullrite was steel and the extra 15 lbs. was not a big deal. first couple times hooking up was different but now its easy to line up you get the feel for it.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:39 PM   #27
druryg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7984
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0veless View Post
I switched last year from the BW companion to the Pullrite superlight and never looked back. the BW is a fantastic hitch never had any issues what so ever. reason for the change as I use my truck a lot and need the bed. BW was so (turn over style )heavy constantly changing out even hooked up a gantry at home to help. I went with the pullrite over the Anderson only because Pullrite was steel and the extra 15 lbs. was not a big deal. first couple times hooking up was different but now its easy to line up you get the feel for it.
Would agree with this. My new base for 2015 RAM pre prep is so heavy. The turnover was much easier to handle. I do trust the B&W though and easy to operate. When unloading I just pull the lever and when the correct height for disconnect is reached the jaws and lever just slide away and open up.The hitch has always been quiet with no chucking. Loading is just as easy! The weight of the base for those of us to use our trucks for more is overbearing. My new base also has the preload spring to keep the head pointed down which I do like! I fabbed the old base with some screen door springs to accomplish the same, the B&W is a brute but understand why, as these rigs and even larger Toy Haulers need some beef!
druryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:20 PM   #28
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
The Pullrite is easy to set up with using two telescoping antenna on a magnet base with a yellow ball. They were found at Camping World. Place one on the center point of the pin and the other on the far side of the bowl. Raise the antenna to a height to be seen through the rear window. Gets you dead center, when the two yellow foam balls touch, your done. I have the portable magnet camera from Costco but the antenna system is quick. One drawback to the Pullrite to consider is the ball causes me to raise my front legs to a maximum height and I compensate for this by using the plastic blocks for about 6 inches during setup.