Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2005, 03:37 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
ATTEN :MONTANA/KEYSTONE

Go to www.montanaowners.com scroll down to Montana problems and Technical help.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 05:55 AM   #2
aljolleyjr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #65
Lets talk about quality or lack of. I've had a lot of problems with my 03 3295 Big Sky most of which I have fixed myself. I worked in quality control for 35 years and I think that I recognize quality when I see it. I will not bore you with all my problems because they were problems that a lot of people could live with. Anyhow my latest problem is with my grey water tank, it is leaking. I took delivery in June of 2001 and used it very little the first two years ( a total of 7 times) and this is our first trip to Florida. The tank is leaking on the bottom on a formed ridge that is used for strength, at this same area is where the tank is defective. It has stretch marks and wrinkles on it and never should have been shipped from the vendor and certainly should not have been installed at the Keystone plant. I called Keystone and they said that they would not fix it as it out of warranty, and I told them that it should have never been installed in the first place, so I guess that i'm stuck with the cost of installing a new grey water tank. I'm seriously thinking of selling this Keystone piece of junk although if I do everything will be fixed. Thanks for letting me vent.
aljolleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:30 PM   #3
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
aljolleyjr,

That is rediculious on Keystones part - how would one know that they have a defective tank unless it does develope a leak - no one would drop the underbelly to look at such a thing. Keystone should cover the expense of replacement due to defect.

We had alot of problems with our unit but fortunately a leaky tank wasn't one. I must say Keystone stepped up to the plate on all our issues. We can only hope nothing developed over the winter or we are in the same boat now on covering expenses.

Do hope Keystone will resolve this issue for you. Good luck.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:06 PM   #4
Montana_657
Montana Master

M.O.C. #657
If you remember I authored a post "I had a Montana but the wheels fell off"... well they are really bad now and I'm stuck 3,000 miles from home. No one can find repacement axels... Montana says it's out of warrenty despite repeated complaints to the selling dealer who "forgot" to communicate with the factory. Right now I have a tire rubbing on a shock...

I'm about to make the 3rd trip to Sun Coast RV tomorrow... they are the 3rd area axel supplier I have tried to get to service the rig.
Montana_657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:44 PM   #5
aljolleyjr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #65
ragdoll: Thank you for your support. When I get back to Ohio i'M going back to my dealer ( Walnut Ridge Family RV) and see if they can help me, they have been very helpful in the past.

Gruffy: Good luck with your problems. I hope that they get everything fixed to your satifaction. It's no fun camping when things continually go wrong especially when you're far away from home.
aljolleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote