Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2009, 03:07 AM   #1
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
Pre retirement trip planned 2010

We are planning a trip which will start from our home base Nova Scotia on Jan 29 2010. The plan is to go down the eastern seaboard through the southern states, up the west coast and then home from Vancouver. I would love to have some suggestions of some campsites after Florida which may be nice to stay out for periods of 1-2 weeks. Love swimming in a pool and a playing golf.

Freeda II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I don't play golf myself, but I know there is a top notch RV Park on a golf course not far from our home in East Texas. Which allows me to say: You will be missing the best part of this state if you take the southern route through Houston or the Northern route through Amarillo. East Texas is the place to be! (I-20 instead of I-10 or I-40)

Here is the web address of:

http://www.shallowcreek.com/
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:03 AM   #3
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
Thanks David for the info. This trip our plan is to stay south along the coast and head over to the west coast. The following year the plan is to possibly go into that area. Not sure yet. Thanks again for the site. I have logged it in my files
Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Wow Freeda! Not knowing what your planned route is would be hard to give you some CG's to stay at. Also, how many hours a day do you plan on driving? Lot of considerations there. If you are coming through the lower part of Texas to stay along the Gulf Coast, I may be able to suggest a few places. Don't know what time of year you plan on coming through Texas, but remember that come about June the Temperatures start to rise considerably with high humidity along the coast.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:19 AM   #5
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
The plan is to be in Florida for Feb. 2010 and then start going west along the coast line hitting New Orleans. After that we really are open along the coast through lower Arizona to hit San Diego sometime in early Apr. Any suggestions of nice campsites along the way would be great.
Not sure if you remember Wayne I was the one this time last year that dropped down your way to pick up my truck.