Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
Tawna
Established Member

M.O.C. #8136
Washer / Dryer Combo

Can anyone tell what is the best washer/dryer combo is out there and if the vented or non vented is the best.

Tawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
I have a Splendide 2100XC. I am very pleased with it. Ours is vented because I do not want any unnecessary moisture in the rig. It cleans well and I can fit a good bit into the drum. I can easily wash our king size sheet set in one load. However, I need to seperate the sheets and dry them in 2 loads just because it dries so much faster and everything doesn't get bunched up inside the elastic. The only thing I do not like is that jeans tend to wrinkle excessively. Yes, I use liquid Downy and also a Downy dryer sheet in the dry cycle. I highly recommend it and wouldn't fulltime without one.
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Chevy-Ford-Dodge You will get biased replys based on what people own, so I will chime in.
Maytags, we can wash a load of jeans, or both sheets from our king size bed, with pillow cases and dry them in one load. I wired the dryer for 220 and it gets the job done.
Dryer
Washer
Think Sue likes them?
Install
Install 2
Install 3
Smile
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:54 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
We also have the Splendide combo (don't remember the exact model) and DW loves it.
Tammy - http://www.splendide.com/consumer_ti...abric_softener states NEVER use fabric softener dryer sheets. Doesn't say why.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:25 AM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
We have the Kenmore stackable. It does a great job but the best part is if we should have a problem they will come to us to fix it. Maytag is a great unit and will do the same.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:38 AM   #6
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Well we owned a Splendide 2100 (Vented) it work is the manual said it would, just a little to slow for us. Then we upgraded 5er's and had room for a stackable unit. We went for the Splendide Ariston stackable, it did a superb job. If have the space I would go with the Stackable units, which brand will have to be your decision. What ever Combo you get make sure its vented. Good Luck with your decision. GBY.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:50 AM   #7
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
We own a Splendide 2100 (Vented). We love it and would not be without it! We went with the combo, so we could have some room left in the closet for shelves for the linens. When your fulltiming, every nook and cranny is precious.
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:56 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We went with the Splendide Ariston Stackable (Vented) in the 3400RL. We choose the stackable so that we could wash a load while we dry a load. The vented keeps moisture and heat out of Hanna. So far they have worked out real well. DW is trained to ask if it is okay to wash clothes, then I open the grey water valve.

Edited: I have been told, but I am no expert, that a vented dryer will dry faster than a non-vented dryer of the same model. I would guess it is because the moisture is being driven out of the dryer and not recycled through the clothes. (my assumption on the last sentence)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:31 AM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
If you are talking about the Combo - I don't think there are a lot of choices. You're pretty much limited to Splendide, Majestic, or LG. All are designed for RVs so they use little water with fast spins. Vented is faster drying and a little easier on the interior of your coach (humidity).

If you have room for stackables, that opens up the options quite a bit. You can go to household type with a few electrical modifications to the coach and get your laundry done much faster than with an RV type (higher heat).

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:57 AM   #10
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
BB TX, Yep, I aware that Splendide says don't use a dryer sheet. My MIL has been using dryer sheets in hers for 7 years and I hate static cling so I use it too. You're right again that it doesn't say why not to use them. I wonder if it's because you don't have to stop the washer before the dryer kicks in. I always do because there is usually something in the wash load that I don't want to dry in the dryer. If something happens and it gets blamed on a dryer sheet, I'll tell you why they say don't! Happy Camping!!
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:46 AM   #11
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
We had the Majestic, they were really to small, everything wrinkled very much. Would was 7 lbs but dry on 3 1/2 lbs wet, that is small. Pulled them out and put in the Maytag, as Oz says, they are great. The wife loves them, they have the same size drums as the Maytags we had in the stick house last year.

Would Maytag highly.. The only draw back is pulling 220 to the dryer.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #12
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Like Ozz we did the 220volt dryer. Vented
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Cool Beans......
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #14
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
I installed the Splendide (Vented) combo and think it's great. The directions say not to vent up so I went out the back into the basement and then down under the RV. I also did not want to put a hole in the side. Every thing works great and I do all our laundry in it. I have a neighbor that has a continuing problem with lint build up and has to pull the unit out to clean it. I think her vent to too high but not sure. Remember it's pretty heavy but not as much as the two units.

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:29 AM   #15
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
If you lived closer to us....... we are going to be selling our Kenmore stackable sometime this year. Going to replace it with the Maytags stacks.
The Kenmore has worked well for us but I need a front loader washer and dryer in our new unit. I can use the Kenmore's; but would like the front loaders. The washer dryer closet has a small platform that they sit on and makes the Kenmore's that are fastened together, higher than I am tall. Fit very well in the Monty. I don't know which Montana floor plan you have but if it won't house a stack then....I am sure someone would buy it.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:53 AM   #16
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Splendide 2100...vented.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:36 AM   #17
ChuckD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7916
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckD
We also have the Splendide 2100 vented but we have only used them once as right now we are weekender campers
ChuckD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #18
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
We have the Splendide 2100, vented, dealer-installed. A combo unit was the only possibility for a W/D in our 3585SA because there's no closet option for a stackable unit in that floor plan. I like the combo setup except that jeans, slacks, and/or nicer tops come out of the dryer very wrinkled, even using the Perma-Press and/or Easy Iron options, probably because the drum is so small. So, when washing and drying things that I don't want wrinkled, I let them dry for 10 - 15 minutes but then take them out and hang them up to finish drying. I chose the Splendide over similar models because people I know who own that brand are very pleased with it.
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote