Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
rlrich
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5319
Power Pro Generator

First, let me apologize for posting this in the wrong place. I now have it under the correct heading I think.

Since I am electrically challenged, could someone take a look at this generator-

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mburne...tor/pp3500.htm

-and tell me the proper way to get power to the trailer with this unit. Can I use the 30A/240V side or do I need to stick to the 110V side which limits me to 20A?

I intend to use this generator on a very limited basis and can purchase it this week for $249.

TIA for any responses

rlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:30 PM   #2
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Hi Rick,

You'll want to wire it 110/120 Volts. But 20 amps will be a little light if you want to run the A/C along with any thing else. But should work well for most things.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:25 AM   #3
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Rick,

Although my generator is not the same as yours ( mine is a Troy-Built 5500 ), they have the same outlets. I bought an adapter pigtail to go from the 240 volt 30 amp 4 lug outlet on my generator to the 3 lug plug on my cord, from an RV dealer here in town. Before I got the adapter I used the 120 v 20 amp duplex outlet and was very limited on what I could run. The A/C alone was not a problem, but turn the television on at the same time, and throw the breaker. It works much better with the adapter. Television, A/C, laptop, and a couple of lights works great.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:13 AM   #4
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Rich, the unit looks like it would handle the necessary equipment and has a very good price. Check into what Lonnie said about the adapter, should be easy to take care of. Also, what is the dcb of the unit, I hope it is low enough to not be run out of a cg, it looks like it has a pretty good muffler. Good luck!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:49 AM   #5
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
I went with the Kipor 3000Ti as its Honda like quiet, electric start, has just enough power to do A/C and couple other things and uses inverter to generate ac. It has a single phase only but rated 30amps off hubble connector. I did a home depot trip and made my own pig-tail..tied red/black together at hubble so 50 amp socket has both legs powered. My Monty uses one for A/C and other for rest of coach.
Chuck
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote