Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2006, 03:46 PM   #21
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Congrats on getting the mice population decreased!
Happy trails.....................

Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:11 PM   #22
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Carol, I thought the Yorkies would love to catch the mice for you, or would they be too hard on the Montana in their zest to make a kill?
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:53 PM   #23
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Carol, you are on the right track with the combination of the regular traps and the sticky traps.
(I worked for Terminix doing pest control.)
Another trick, if you want to find out where the critters are getting in (without hiring a watchperson), is to sprinkle baby powder in the likely areas (then the unlikely areas if you don't find anything in the likely areas). You will find footprints in the dust (and it smells good, is inexpensive and is easy to clean up).
If it's dry, you can sprinkle it outside to see where they are getting in.
Be sure to wear your Sherlock Holmes hat and be puffing a large pipe while looking (very important step, often overlooked - lol).
Good luck, determination, good eyesight, patience and a flashlight are the only other things you'll need .
Git 'er done!
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #24
WildBigBill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2149
We use three electronic txmiters in unit and two battery operated traps with peanutbutter that electricute the little devils. Havent had any for 4 months now.
WildBigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:05 AM   #25
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Great advice ya all! Thanks, we are reading em ALL!! I like that baby powder trick! Had not heard that one!

As far as the yorkies, yes, they are ratters (mousers) by nature. I am not sure what they might REALLY do if they saw or caught one, I suspect that nature would take over and the mouse would be toast/history/DOA. Tilly would most likely be the bestest mouser, that gal goes wild if she sees a rabbit or even a bird in the yard! You can see what yorkies were bred for in that gal!

But, Don, you are right, I would prefer they not have that encounter. For a lot of different reasons. More than I care to go into before my coffee.

Larry, Al did give up smoking a number of years ago, so we will skip that part, but he does wear hats!

Again, thanks everyone, we really appreciate your feedback!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 02:11 PM   #26
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Well I'll be darn. That is not the right word. Just got back from a 4 day short outing. While on the road we noticed that the cat dry food was going away fast!!!. She is an 18 yr. slow sleepy cat. No mousing is her. At first we did see any of the normal left overs. The second day we did!!. Got home, score me 2, mice 0.

When we had the Moryde IS system installed they did not replace a large portion of the belly covering. Did that today. I do not wish that job on anyone. Came back to the garage and there sat the roll of insulation that I was going put in. OOPS. Tomorrow off comes the belly and in goes the insulation.

All in a day of retirement. If I didn't have this to do what else would I do? That is the good news.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:44 AM   #27
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We use one of those electronic things that plug into electric. We keep our unit plugged in all the time. It has been at repair for a week until today we pick it up and bring home. I hope we don't fine any mice. They didn't have it plugged-in all the time. We took all the food out of it before, so maybe that will help. I have heard that Irish Spring soap shaved will work. I have some in our garage and keep some in trailer too under the cabinets. Don't know if it really works or not. Also use bounce sheets too.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote