Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2006, 09:07 PM   #21
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Actually Rich, as a consumer I shouldn't have to spend the effort to correct misinformation provided by the vendor's own website. Their lack of attention to one of the best marketing tools they have only serves to diminish what is otherwise percieved as a very knowledgable and capable sales staff.

Brad

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:15 AM   #22
montanaman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5414
I will call Keystone. I think the ride could be much better. Have airbags on truck and that helps but shocks would be a definite benefit. My last 5er had shocks and pulled like a dream. In the end I will probably have to have these shocks put on before going south for the winter.
montanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:32 AM   #23
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
I have an 06 and it has shocks.Took del in sept. 05.
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:56 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes they did have shocks prior to the Mor Ryde suspension being added as standard equipment. I will go with the manufactures data and test that indicates that shocks with the mor ryde suspension will be counter productive. And yes in a perfect world the consumer should have confidence in the manufactures data..be that the case I would believe the Arctic package in my Montana was just that and would have no problem camping in sub zero Arctic temps. I would also believe that Keystone quality is "second to none" and that if I used a certain brand of after shave beautiful ladies would jump all over me. Etc, Etc. I read and investigate if I doubt The manufactures marketing.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:40 AM   #25
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Perhaps a disclaimer on the Mor-Ryde Website "Click here to see our system in action" would be helpful that says:

"Please disregard the shock absorbers on our flash video as well as our installation instructions and all of our product information, as we have found through product testing several years ago that the counter energy absorbing properties of the shock absorbers actually defeat any energy absorbing capabilities of our product, rendering our suspension system to be just an expensive spring hanger".

Then once they corrected their technically inaccurate info, they could continue to make frivolous and exaggerated claims like all other product manufacturers. At least it would eliminate the initial confusion in this thread as well as all of the panic calls to keystone.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:02 AM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That video is exactly why I called Mor-Ryde. I was being told no shocks are needed then shown a video with shocks.It did not compute therefore questions. Everyone who was at the Mor-Ryde seminar at the Rally will remember, well maybe they will, that the Mor-Ryde rep emphasized that test with a leading shock absorber company had been done and the data indicated that the shocks were counter productive. Anyone may of course install shocks if they so choose..
Old 10-02-2006, 11:04 AM   #27
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
All said -

I am still retrofitting my 2003 to the Mor-Ryde. I just got an email this morning from Chris at Mor-Ryde with two local installer choices in Denver, further explanation on shocks, and info they need to ensure the right kit. I'm going with the shockless LRE kit just like what goes on the new Montana's. It will cure some of the crooked spring hanger issues I have, replaces the Al-Ko shackles with a brass bushing-wet bolt system (greasable), and eliminates my occasional shock rub problem. Parts cost is only $400-$500 with labor unknown.

No grudge here for a bum website.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #28
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I think you will be very satisfied with the suspension system. The wet bolt kit includes shackles thicker than the OEM ones. Our late model 06 has the suspension system and we added the Mor-Ryde pin box. It is a very smooth ride, not perfect mind you, but very smooth...
Old 10-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #29
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Brad I couldn't tell you thought it was a bum website. Do you think you could use more big words next time? LOL, it almost hurt my brain trying to decipher your words.
Back to business, after our trip this past weekend I was thoroughly impressed with the towability and the ride of our Montana. IMHO I don't think shocks would have made it any better.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:10 PM   #30
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
You know I was impressed by that "wet bolt" kit that I saw at the rally. I think it makes good sense to lubricate those bolts in the shackle sleeves. Anybody get a price on those wet bolts?
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #31
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Lonnie

It sounds like everyone is happy with the new suspension, so I feel much more confident getting it done. Another thanks to true experience in the Forum.

Phil - the wet bolt system is $189 purchased by itself through Mor-Ryde. They drop it to $100 purchased as an option with the retrokit. Chris Elledge at Mor-Ryde is the one that sent me the prices 574.293.1581 ext.294 chris.elledge@morryde.com
Old 10-02-2006, 12:33 PM   #32
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Wow - didn't think it would be that expensive. That one will have to go on the nice to have list for a while.
Get them with the install price that way it won't hurt as bad.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:33 PM   #33
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Brad, the Mor/Ryde guy did say counterproductive, as Rich said. I don't know why the website shows shocks. We've towed ours just 1400 miles but that includes some very rough roads and I don't see the shocks being needed. We accidentally left a drinking glass sitting on the little ledge of counter at the edge of the sink recently and it was still there when we arrived at the day's destination. Had it moved an inch or so it would have fallen to the floor. That area is almost over the axles but it was still impressive. We had some darn rough roads that day, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #34
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Steve,
I look forward to getting the system installed. Supposed to get a price from Denver Spring this week. I'm having the LRE shockless version retrofitted.

Your glass scenario should be a commercial! Not just for Mor-Ryde, but for Montana as well.

Brad