Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2004, 02:05 PM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
O NO i have a crack

The dreaded bed room slide crack has appeared on my Montana,Its the fiberglass thats cracked about 4 inches long on the bottom of the bed room slide.When I bought my Montana in March of 2004-even though its a 2001 model it was brand new.I had asked the dealer if he knew of the bed room slide problems that Keystone was having.He told me that my unit had the 10 inch beems on it and every thing was taken care of.I have no reason not to believe him.But the crack has come about non the less.i will call keystone and see if the 00-8 advisory was preformed on my unit.if it wasn`t my dealer has a lot of explaining to do.This crack wasn`t their when we picked it up in March of this year.Just noticed it today and it broke my heart.i`am sue hoping its nothing major.Wish me luck fellow Montanas owners.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 02:06 PM   #2
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
One more thing I did get a full warrenty on this unit.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:36 PM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
If you have the 10 inch frame which you can measure in the wheel well then 00-8 probably does not apply. Measure your frame, only takes a minute. 00-8 has nothing to do with the crack near the bedroom slide.

Two different problems.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 12:07 AM   #4
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
So if 00-8 has nothing to do with my crack problem what does?Is it a frame issue?Thanks for your help
Old 08-15-2004, 06:53 AM   #5
Montana_1396

M.O.C. #1396
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by harleyrider

So if 00-8 has nothing to do with my crack problem what does?Is it a frame issue?Thanks for your help
I have the same thing on my 2001 2880 that I purchased used. It is a mtter of the fiberlass flexing and not being able to move like it should. If the trailer didn't flex at all, you would never be able to keep the dishes on the shelf. The fix is a rubber joint so when the trailer does flex it can return to flat state without a crack in the glass. I had mine fixed privately for a total of $1,100 dollars but they did a very poor job. I plan on stopping at Goshen to get it looking like the day I bought it but not until spring. It really didn't do anything to the structural strength of the trailer but looks like heck..
Montana_1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 11:51 AM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:I have the same thing on my 2001 2880 that I purchased used. It is a mtter of the fiberlass flexing and not being able to move like it should. If the trailer didn't flex at all, you would never be able to keep the dishes on the shelf. The fix is a rubber joint so when the trailer does flex it can return to flat state without a crack in the glass. I had mine fixed privately for a total of $1,100 dollars but they did a very poor job. I plan on stopping at Goshen to get it looking like the day I bought it but not until spring. It really didn't do anything to the structural strength of the trailer but looks like heck..
We just had our 2000 3555RL fixed at Keystone in Goshen. They replaced the cracked fiberglass and reinforced the structure. Even though my unit was no longer under warranty, they fixed it for nothing and did a superb job. Claim it won't crack again. We had 3 cracks around the bedroom slideout and one at the top rear of the entertainment center slideout.

I'd recommend you call Keystone ahead of time and tell them of the problem so the people who do the repairs can schedule you in. They are booked up about 3 weeks in advance.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 04:51 PM   #7
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Harleyrider... welcome to the crack club!....*oops*... that doesn't sound right does it???

We also have a crack at the bedroom slide and haven't done anything about it yet. I need to take pictures and email or send them registered mail to Keystone.

Good luck to you... we'll be keeping our fingers crossed that Keystone takes care of both of our ....ah..... ummmm......"problems" for us!
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 05:17 PM   #8
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by D and M On The Road

Harleyrider... welcome to the crack club!....*oops*... that doesn't sound right does it???

We also have a crack at the bedroom slide and haven't done anything about it yet. I need to take pictures and email or send them registered mail to Keystone.

Good luck to you... we'll be keeping our fingers crossed that Keystone takes care of both of our ....ah..... ummmm......"problems" for us!

I'd recommend calling Keystone and telling them of the problem. They sure responded positively to us and repaired our rig. It's sure worth a try. I think they respond much quicker to personal responses than going through the mail system.

Orv Schinke
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote