Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2005, 05:09 PM   #1
mfoss
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2923
Lafuma recliners

We've tried out the Lafuma recliners at our dealers and I must say they sure are comfortable! Do any of you have them? If so do you have the mesh or solid fabric? Do you think they are worth $150 -$160? I'm wondering if they are sturdy long term or are there some less expensive knock-offs that are just as good. So far we haven't purchased anything to sit on outside. Maybe you know of a place to buy them at a better price-------? Thanks!

mfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 06:08 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I bought two of the knock offs at Costco and we love them. They are very comfortable.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:53 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We have two Lafumas. Very comfortable and seem to be durable. Can't comment on knock-offs, but some I have seen look heavier. We have not needed to, but you can buy replacement parts for LaFumas. Ours are solid, but the mesh ones are probably very good as well. Are they worth it? They will outlive several cheap (Aluminum web) recliners, and are more comfortable and less bulky when folded. I don't know of anywhere where you can beat those prices. Probably biggest differences between LaFumas and knock-offs would be in the weight, compactness and durability.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:48 AM   #4
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
We bought the nockoffs....Got them at Target for $34.95 each. They were regularly $79.99. Couldn't pass them up for that price. Considering the time that we would spend in them I don't see a reason to pay the price for the LaFumas. But that is your preference.

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html...rank=%2bpmrank
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:14 AM   #5
Montana_335
Established Member

M.O.C. #335
We also purchased the nockoffs at Costco. They were heavy, bulky and hard to store. Walked into a RV dealership and they had the Lafumas on sale. It is the solid material, very comfortable and easier to store, I just love them. The nockoffs are on our patio at home.
Montana_335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:21 PM   #6
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
We bought the LaFumas in 1999. Love them are using them on deck while at home. Don't think you could but the nockoffs when we got ours. We did get the mesh & would get the solid next time. Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote