Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2003, 05:14 PM   #1
Montana_539
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #539
Winter Camping Help

Ok - as one of the new kids on the block, I have some more questions... sorry to keep being a pest, but this crowd is really good at helping out. (I would probably spend less time asking questions if I would just take delivery of the unit - but October 10th is just around the bend)
Here's the question. We are hopeful of being in the Carson City/Minden area just outside Lake Tahoe in January. Let's see -that's where snow and really cold temperatures abound. We would like to take our skis and spend some time playing, and be able to go back to our home on the road.

Is this really practical? or feasible?

The 3295RK in theory has the arctic package. Really? After all we're talking Tahoe here, not the real arctic.

According to Woodall's the majority of the campgrounds around Tahoe itself close in late September or October. However, there are many on the Nevada side, 20 or so miles from the lake that are open all year. The second question is: Does anyone have any experience with Campgrounds in that area?

So bottom line... am I being stupid trying to put together four season trips?

Trygg, Vicki, and Bearboy the French Bulldog
2000 Ford F350, 7.3L Long Bed, Ext Cab
2004 Big Sky 3295RK
Reese 16k, Prodigy

Montana_539 is offline   Reply With Quote