Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2004, 06:45 PM   #21
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Thanks for the pictures, know you all are having a wonderful time. Wish we could have come but maybe the next one - too many factors contributed to us not getting to come. Enjoy!!!!!!

Safe travels.

ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:39 PM   #22
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
For everyone who is not able to attend, here's another teaser...Jen volunteered to run off a daily newsletter for printing and distribution to each rig. It's nothing fancy, just 1 page. Since it's already in electronic format, we are posting it online at this link:
http://www.fifthwheelliving.com/MOC/

It's in Word 2000 format, so you will need Word to view it. When the newsletter is completed each night, it will be posted there.

We just want to let everyone know what's going on at the rally (and let you know what you're missing ). It's great to meet so many people and getting a chance to place a face to the words on the screen. By the way, the last count that I heard during the campfire is 63 rigs present.
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 12:39 AM   #23
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Jen and Fred, Thank you for posting this news letter. It will be great to get to read about what is going on at the rally. We will look forward every day to seeing it..Again Thanks a lot.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 02:50 AM   #24
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Cool newsletter, thanks for doing that and you did a great job.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 03:09 AM   #25
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Well, we are certainly feeling sorry for ourselves!! Sounds as if everyone is having the great time we expected--sure wish we were there. The newsletter is a wonderful idea and much appreciated. And the pics are terrific too!!! Thanks for keeping us up to speed--DON'T STOP!!!! Hoping for more later.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 03:31 AM   #26
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Fred & Jen..... great job! Thanks for putting the time in to do this for us whiners that couldn't attend the rally. As you can see, we are all very appreciative.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 03:47 AM   #27
Gene Chaltry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #735
This is GREAT!!! Keep up the good work. Can't make the rally as we don't have a Montana YET! Ordering in November. Can't wait. We would really like to be there and meet other members. Well, maybe next year.
Gene Chaltry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:25 AM   #28
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Thanks!! Great job on the "paper". Wish we could be there.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:58 AM   #29
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Thanks for all the news from the rally, we really appreciate it.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 02:48 PM   #30
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Thanks for the newsletter - great job!

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 05:46 PM   #31
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
Thank you for the kind words! Saturday's newsletter has been published on the site at http://www.fifthwheelliving.com/MOC/
As a little consolation prize...you all get to see it before the rally attendies! Jen distributes them when we walk our dogs in the morning.

It was a full day, starting early with the MOR/Ryde and Dometic seminars, followed by the vendor donation raffles, and the group photo (taken by Vicki and Steve Reigle from the roof of their Montana). We had a short break for lunch followed by the Show and Tell and after dinner a small group of us including Jen and Fred (FredG), Dennis and Tammy (koons), Art and Nancy, and Roger and Sally got together to play Sequence.

I believe the current rig count is 68. Everyone seems to be having a great time and we are all looking forward to the factory tours tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:49 PM   #32
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hi All, Jen and Fred are doing a truly great job on this newsletter. It is a big hit here at the rally. In another thread I posted the group picture mentioned.

I would like to say at this point this rally is a smashing success. A number of people worked very hard to make it happen. I heard several folks say in the past couple of days what a wonderful time they are having (us included!). I feel we've made a number of friends. And we haven't even met them all yet! When the pictures are posted, please note just how many smiles and laughing people you see. We're really enjoying this and hope everyone else is as well.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 07:24 PM   #33
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Steve..... I did notice the smiles and the laughter. It looks like everyone is having a fantastic time. The rally organizers are to be commended. Just think, almost 2 years ago the MOC was just starting up and and look how much it has grown.

Old 09-24-2004, 07:49 PM   #34
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Vicki and I went for a haircut the other day. I sat down in the barber's chair, Vicki in the chair to await her turn. The other guy in there, getting his hair cut, was saying to his stylist that they're traveling in an RV, a fifthwheel. She said something and he replied they have a Montana. Vicki turned to him and said 'you gotta be kidding me'. They're staying about 40 miles the opposite direction from the rally but we invited them to visit anyhow. He stuck around to talk about the MOC and get some more info. Maybe we'll get a new member. But what a coincidence. This kind of thing seems to happen a lot.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:51 PM   #35
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Thanks everyone for all your newsy anecdotes. We are enjoying the rally through your eyes. (and pictures). The newsletter is fantastic. This is the most organized group ever!!! Keep it coming...
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 12:52 PM   #36
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
We'll be at the RV park tomorrow (Sunday) sometime after 10:00 AM. Driving a noisy burgundy Dodge SLT QC LB with a black tonneau cover. If you see us, holler!! Don't have a CB but will have my 2 meter on 146.520.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 07:43 PM   #37
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bob, I'm looking forward to meeting you! A couple of folks have to leave tomorrow. Glenn did a physical count of rigs today and came up with 65 as the current count. This is a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Sure wish you all could be here, it would be even more fun.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:25 AM   #38
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
The turn out for this rally is nothing short of phoenominal!
72 rigs sign up and 65 actually show up is unheard of.
We knew in advance that 4 rigs wouldn't be here for either health reasons or the folks in Florida who had much greater concerns thanks to the hurricanes.

This just goes to show ya what a great punch of folks we have here on the MOC.

Can't wait for the 2nd annual. AND there will be a 2nd annual!

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 02:38 PM   #39
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
The latest issue of the newsletter has been published and is being distributed. It is available online at http://www.fifthwheelliving.com/MOC/

There is an article on the 2005 rally meeting, written by Kim (Gyro), as well as an attention getting photo, and a short write up on the potluck breakfast, the skymed seminar, and rally statistic highlights.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:01 PM   #40
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Fred & Jen..... I've been able to open all the documents but this last one. Could you please check to make sure if it's me or the file's path?
Thanks!