Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
LevelUp and Customer Support

My levelUp "brain" has been getting a little squirrelly. After auto leveling, I have had to tweak it to get it to true level. Well, today, I couldn't get the front legs to retract after hooking up to the truck. I kept getting error messages. Of course, it was nine minutes past closing time at Lippert. So I left a message on the emergency line.

Fifteen minutes later, I got a return call. After going through a check list of possible issues, he talked me through a system reset that resolved the issue. All systems are now go. I could not ask for better support.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
drknapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9135
We are considering installing that system. Hearing that sure helps with our decision.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Stiles,

What is the reset procedure?
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Ditto on the reset procedure so the rest of us will be able to do it w/o trying to contact Lippert afeter hours.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If things get fouled up, the first course of action is to go to where they installed the "brain" (mine is under the floor mounted very near the laundry basket opening, I can lean over the hole and get to it), then unplug the red wire. Mine is easy to snap out. You wait ten seconds and then reinstall it. This is a quick reset.

If that doesn't do the trick, then turn the control panel to "off". Then rapidly push the "front" button 10 times followed by pushing the "rear" button rapidly ten times. The panel should light up with a message that makes a statement which I can't remember and an instruction to push "enter". Push enter then it should all be reset. If after the rapid pushes, the screen does not come on without pushing "on" button, you didn't push the buttons rapidly enough. Do it again.

After I got it all working again, I got my unit very level front to back and side to side using "manual" setting and a carpenter's level. Then I "zero" set it again by the above procedure. Now it levels as it should automatically.

Here is my disclaimer: follow the procedure at your own risk. I did not design the system and don't really know how the programming works. The tech asked a whole check-list of questions before we got to that point.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #6
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Bob Tiege, Lippert rep, during the fall rally discussed and showed the red wire on the control unit during his demo of the Lippert Level Up. So what Stiles noted is verified by Mr Tiege. I do not recall him discussing the 10 times on the front and 10 times on the back.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The 10/10 procedure is a "zero" reset. That means it is the way to reset the point at which the RV is level in the "brain's" memory. The 10 second "red wire" reset is just to reset the system to what is already in memory.