Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2008, 06:25 AM   #1
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
small dish drainer??

I wonder if anyone has been able to locate a small dish drainer that will work in the teeny tiny sink. In our Mountaineer we have a divided kitchen sink. One is very small maybe 8" w x 13.5" long? I don't know if the Montana's have this sink configuration or not, but personally I'd much prefer to have one large sink. Thanks
Sandy

slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:32 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
You sort of jarred my memory. We saw one at Dollar General here in Aransas Pass the other day. I believe it was vinyl coated metal. I was going to measure our sink (same as your's apparently)but can't remember how long and wide the rack was. I know it is close to the size we need. I think I'll pick one up this weekend, and I'll try to remember to post details.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:38 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Here is a small one but you will have to actually measure to see if it works:
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...r/skunum=22031
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:41 AM   #4
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Whooeee. I hope you are right. We are always seeing Dollar stores, so we too will check. That's not usually a store where I shop, but if I find one there I'll let you know if it worked. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:46 AM   #5
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Just measured and this one is 1/2" too wide, Bingo.
Thanks anyway.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:04 AM   #6
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Bingo: Is the sink to wide or the drainer... Which one????
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #7
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by slewis

Whooeee. I hope you are right. We are always seeing Dollar stores, so we too will check. That's not usually a store where I shop, but if I find one there I'll let you know if it worked. Thanks for the help.
Yep, be sort of careful what you buy there. I was looking for some Fantastik cleaner to clean the RV when we saw the drain rack. They have some good things there, I'm just leery of their food.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Have had no problem with the food at any of the dollar stores! Some are off brand but most are notable brands! We have a sister-in-law that works part-time for Dollar General and she buys most of her can goods,cereals, papergoods and even clothes there and so do we when we are on the road with the Monte or without it just on a trip. Of course they do not have meats(except for canned ones) but most are carrying bread and milk and etc now! The dollar stores are excellent places to get things that you can't find at other stores in the area and some of their items like their cleaning supplies work great on the Monte as stated earlier. I'll stop at a dollar store anytime if I need something and don't want to give a arm and a leg for it! I do the same with tool stores like stopping at Harbor Freight stores instead of Sears or something like that. Call me cheap if you like but if fits the bill and as they say "you get the bang for the buck" at them both!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
Devildog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4958
We bought one that was full size a couple of years ago for our travel trailer, and use it today in our Montana. The difference is, it has a separate plastic bottom that sets up under the folding rack, and routes the run off back into the sink. It will take up some counterspace when in use, but manages the water very well, and within an hour after washing, can be put away as the dishes are dry.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #10
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
Our teeny tiny sink is 8 by 11.5 (same as a sheet of typing paper) We found a narrow drainer that is 7.5 by 14.5 and it sits in the sink very nice. We got it at a Corning Ware Factory Outlet store. (There one in Branson so come to the spring rally and pick one up!) Also, found one at our RV dealer.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #11
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rondo

Have had no problem with the food at any of the dollar stores! Some are off brand but most are notable brands! We have a sister-in-law that works part-time for Dollar General and she buys most of her can goods,cereals, papergoods and even clothes there and so do we when we are on the road with the Monte or without it just on a trip. Of course they do not have meats(except for canned ones) but most are carrying bread and milk and etc now! The dollar stores are excellent places to get things that you can't find at other stores in the area and some of their items like their cleaning supplies work great on the Monte as stated earlier. I'll stop at a dollar store anytime if I need something and don't want to give a arm and a leg for it! I do the same with tool stores like stopping at Harbor Freight stores instead of Sears or something like that. Call me cheap if you like but if fits the bill and as they say "you get the bang for the buck" at them both!
Not sure which chain it was, but one of them got a bad rap for selling out of date foods. That is my concern.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #12
Jim Dickey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7372
We have a Mountianeer and got the dish drainer (plastic) at Wal Mart in the RV section. I had to cut one corner about 3/8" to get it to fit.
Jim Dickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #13
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We bought a plastic rack and drain at Wally World. It does not fit in the sink but it does have a small foot print. The drain and rack snap together and are easy to store.

I think I just saw a dish drain at Holiday World the other day when I was in there. Don't know if it fit in, or on top of counter.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #14
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Looked at Super Wal Mart today and found the dish drainer that you are speaking of. Brought it back and would you believe that it fits? Perfectly! We didn't need to chop anything off of it-it just sits on the rim of the small sink. We tossed the tray out. Awesome, you guys rock! Thanks so much for this helpful information-
Sandy
Old 01-25-2008, 04:36 PM   #15
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Personally, we have a hard time passing a DG store. Cheap stuff is cheap stuff. A lot of the clothes are irregular but we have found that the foods are good. They recently started carrying no-bake pie kits. The coconut cream is excellent. Bob and Karen
On edit: I don't want to hi-jack the thread, we use a counter top drainer that unfolds into an "X" shape. It catches the drips but we also set it on a towel for any overflow. Our SOBs smaller sink is also an irregular shape. Bob
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:20 PM   #16
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by slewis

Looked at Super Wal Mart today and found the dish drainer that you are speaking of. Brought it back and would you believe that it fits? Perfectly! We didn't need to chop anything off of it-it just sits on the rim of the small sink. We tossed the tray out. Awesome, you guys rock! Thanks so much for this helpful information-
Sandy
Did it fit the small side? Ours we use now is from Wally World, and it fits the larger side.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:04 AM   #17
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841

Yep, it sure did fit the small side of the sink. Now we can wash dishes in the large sink. Look in the RV section of Wal-Mart, it's not with the other kitchen items. It was wrapped in plastic with the tray on the top, so you really can't tell the
actual size of the drainer itself. Let me know if you don't find one.
Sandy