Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2007, 05:43 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Timer on hot water heater

So, I was sitting watching Fox news this morning, the talking heads were giggling about something, irritating me, my trigger finger started twitching, I looked around for my tool box...I says to myself; "Hershel, we gots to fix something..." I grabbed my cordless drill and headed to the hot water heater compartment, a timer is what we need, I mumbled to myself.

Just maybe

THANKS, someone bailed me out!

Oh, now I'm going to hop on my bike and head for Boomerang Billy's, sit in the Sun, listen to the Jimmy Buffet music, have a cold one and be at peace with the world....

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:12 AM   #2
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
OK Ozz, you do need a break or something. LOL All I get is the home page for photo bucket.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:25 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Yeah, like Imp said.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:15 AM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Hershel, you need to fix that link.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #5
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
I thought it was my computer------ I guess if Hershel can fix it, it will be fine with me...JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Ozz, what the heck do you need a timer on the hot water heater for? It has a thermostat to regulate it. GO swimming or fishing. Figure out how to use the tide to generate electricity. Paint your new fence with the American flag. Contemplate your naval or something. We'll do therapy at Branson.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #7
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
For the timer that OZZ was putting on, I sez to myself -- Self -- is OZZ putting the timer on the water or the gas. I am sure that everyone will want to follow suit. I know I want to. Maybe Hershel can help with this....
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Yes Ozz, there seems to be a strange character in that link, that is shortening it. Am I right in assuming that (as is common in the RGV), you have to pay for your electricity, and you want to shut off the water heater overnight? Is it cost effective given that you have to heat the tank up again in the morning? Please expound further.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #9
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:39 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Man, what a flurry of activity in my absence. Seems like I dropped the link-ball somehow. Too much technology.
Ahhh, when life was simpler.....Thank goodness for spell checkers, I think I butchered about 6 words on this one. sometimes I miss-spell them so bad the spell checkers don't work......
Old 11-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Maybe: Just maybe Ok, I am still working on it...Got the last part right. Ahhh, the heck with it, go to Ozzs Mods....in Blue; bottom of sig, and click on that, then click on the first slide show dealie.
And someone came up with a link for 12 volt timers for propane use.
Hea...
Old 11-20-2007, 12:02 PM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Ontmont, yes, that is the case, we use the heater for showers, and washing dishes twice a day,on the laundry, we are experimenting on cold water washes, if that works, we will be good there. But why have the hot water heater cycle on and off keeping the tank warm all night if we do not need it...also, during the days, it recovers in around 1/2 hr. Some...Michael; Snfexpress, have installed a switch, I just took it to another level.
Stiles, we shall endeavor to solve many complex problems in Branson......or not. Maybe just sit and contemplate.
Ozz
Old 11-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #13
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
OZZ, You have to much time on your hands down there in Texas! Come up to Nebraska and I'll give you some exilerating temperatures (16 degrees right now) and let you work over my Monte if you have time!! LOL If you don't want to work on the Monte, you can come out to the farm with me and work on fence to keep the cattle in and try to keep the deer from running over the fence we've just put in! LOL Enjoy!!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:31 AM   #14
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Rondo, just stick me in the shop by a warm wood burner, give me a welding hood, we will repair all that equipment for Spring. Didn't we just have gun season for Deer hunting? That should thin the suckers out.
They are like stray dogs up in Missouri, they graze on our lawns, and raid the gardens. Something has to be done about the overpopulation of Deer, they are a hazard on the highways and a pest at home.
I know we are reducing their 'living areas' and all that, but they are in high numbers everywhere.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:51 AM   #15
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
You're right about the deer! They are nothing but problems up here and are as thick as fleas on a stays back! We did just have rifle season up here but most of the hunters go for the bucks and there are plenty of them to hunt but the problem is the number of doe. I was talking to the game warden the other day and he said one doe produces 35 new deer in a five year period. That is the doe and their offspring! The problem up here in Nebraska is that they are producing twins and triplets around here and that doubles or triples the population. What a mess! We aren't the only states that are having this problem-- my sister-in-law in Ohio was on here way home from work on Wednesday morning and a four by four jumped out in front of her and came straight on into her radiator. We all need to do like Alabama is doing! When you get a license for the year, they are able to shoot one deer everyday of the season. If you get bow, rifle and late season licenses-- you would be able to shoot 30 deer or more! Don't know what you'd do with that much venison but it would take care of the problem of over population anyway! Well got to go, it's Black Friday and the DW wants to head out shopping! Glad to go on this one--she's heading for Menards!! Take care and have a cool one for me down at the local!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #16
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Ozz, Its an easy solution. Hook up the power for the hotwater heater, your computer, and your beer lifting hand in series with the computer first and your beer lifting hand second so when the computer or your hand is lifting you can NOT get enough power for the hot water heater. Think that should take care of it?
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:22 AM   #17
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bob, you are scaring me....I'll have to wait until 5:00 to try that.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:05 AM   #18
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Ozz I put a timer on the home water heater. The water heater at home has a fan that needs to turn on to start the cycle. It turns off at 10:00 and on at 6:00 in the morning, hate to hear that thing run just after we brush our teeth at night.
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:21 AM   #19
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Great idea, Dennis.