Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
On Demand Hot Water System

Has anyone looked at installing or actually installed an on demand hot water system? What can you tell me about them?

Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
They are cool. Not sure, but may be a water pressure issue, amperage would have to be considered, and they are expensive, if I recall.
They work well in homes, I thought about installing one in a customer's home, but I think the expense was a factor in his reconsidering.
Ozz

Here is our old pal Bob Villian:
http://www.bobvila.com/HowTo_Library...ers-A1603.html
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Here is a web site that has a lot of information on the tankless water heaters.
http://www.hotwatersource.com/
Have not read most of it yet, but not sure if they make ONE that heats with both propane and electric, but they do make independent Electric units and independent gas units.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:08 AM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We installed a Bosch 2400 propane tankless water heater in our home about three years ago. It is great and our electric bill dropped from 150.00 a month to about 62.00 just by taking the electric 55 gallon water heater. As far as a unit for the TT or FW there are units designed specifically for RV use. They had a long drawn out discussion over on the Escapees forum last month. This unit is RV approved and fits in the space as your standard water heater. The price is 879.00 which is about half the cost of my home unit. Here is the web site for that unit. http://www.precisiontemp.com/pt_rvmd...FRUHWAodhEZwSg
Dave and Betsy.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:52 AM   #5
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
After installing one in my stick house I considered one for the monty and decided not to due to the cost and the installation would probable be project.Hot water hasn't been a issue yet.I use a lot of the cg's showers.If the hot water unit should die then I might take a look at these.The one in the stick house is great,it would be nice if this option was offered from keystone
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote