Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2007, 07:03 AM   #1
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
BRRRrrrrrrrr It's 28 and snowing

We have some horrible weather right now. It is 28 F and we have had sleet and now snow.

Very unusual for us to get snow in Austin Texas. Sure am glad that I am leaving for a cruise on Sunday.

Colleen

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:09 AM   #2
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
About the same here in San Antonio as Austin - Kerrville is worse - wish we were leaving on a cruise on Sunday!

Suzanne
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:41 AM   #3
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
Maybe all of us in South Central Texas can gather and comiserate together. Fortunately I am not on the road right now but I had to get up and take the DW to work at 6 am. The truck had to sit about 15 minutes to get the ice off the windshield. Currently I am watching the sleet fall and they are still saying we have a potential for snow tonight and tomorrow.

Speaking of getting together, I noticed that there is a regional group in the valley but did not see anything for Texas or the south central area. We are members of a local Good Sam chapter and have found it enjoyable to periodically get together with others that share our dreams. Any thoughts?

Mark and Suanne
msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:52 AM   #4
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
I love Texas, however, in Florida we don't have to worry about ice storms. Talked to my DW cousin and he said the ice was bad. Happy thawing out days.
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:59 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Sorry to hear you folks are getting the cold - always thought Texas would be a good escape from this stuff!

California too, heard yesterday that the "Terminator" declared a state of emergency due to temperatures in the teens! I'm sure they aren't equipped for that kind of freeze.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:38 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Brad, you are so correct. When Ed took his walk this morning, he slipped on some ice and hit his head. He is okay but is something he has never had to contend with before.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ouch! Watch him careful Sue, that can be pretty serious with symptoms showing up later.

I really don't want to be an alarmist, but our realtor just passed away last week from the same incident.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
well, we had -7 degrees this morning here in Omaha. Yankton, SD had -20. supposed to be warm here tomorrow--in the 20's. Guess I will get out my shorts.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #9
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I knew there was a reason that I lived in Central Texas.
It has to be because if you stick around long enough the weather will change really soon. Our normal right now should be 60F during the day, instead we never got above freezing. Forecast has us getting 4 inches of snow....Jamaica sounds really nice at 84 degrees.

Sue,

I went to lock dogs in last December when we had some freezing precip and I fell. It has taken me almost a year to get over the fall. Please be sure that he is checked out.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:56 PM   #10
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Brad, did you hear they are saying more snow again this weekend? Just what we need!!!

Sue, hope Ed is OK. Be sure and have him go to the doctor.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #11
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
We woke to 13 this morning - it did get to a balmy 30. Just got rid of the snow that wasn't piled up and they say another storm is on its way Friday! We have been watching temps were all you other MOCers are....brrrr! We aren't use to winters like this and I know south TX isn't. I went out to the Monty yesterday, she is cold but ok since she is winterized.

Safe travels and stay warm.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #12
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Dusty - yes I heard Don't know how much more we can take!

Was supposed to leave this weekend to get the Monty, that is if it ever shows up at the Dealer. It'll be May before the snow melts in the storage lot enough that I can back it in.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:34 PM   #13
texdeano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4480
Send a message via Yahoo to texdeano
O well we are in Yuma,Az and the water has froze the last 2 nights.Come on warm weather!
texdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:53 AM   #14
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Well, this has been intresting - we were without power from about 7pm to who-knows-when last night - got under the covers along with the cat and it was pretty snuggly - power came back on sometime in the night and then, with just enough time to make a pot of coffee, the power went off again - 7:30 to about 9:30 - sure feels good to have that heater running! Hope all who are in this mess in their rigs are able to stay warm - how abut you, Charlotte? Should get progressively better now - they say we will get up to 34 this afternoon!

Suzanne
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:25 AM   #15
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
In our part of Oregon it is normally wet this time of year and the snow is mainly in the mountains. We had 3 inches of snow yesterday but the worst part of that is the temperature. It has not been above freezing since yesterday and we have ice everywhere. They even canceled all the schools. We do not winterize our Montana because we take it out year round, so we are really going through propane right now. Where is the global warming?
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #16
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Roy and Nancy: According to local climatologist(s), this is because of, and a sign of, global warming. Scare tactics I believe but see more and more articles saying that weather swings like this will become more prevalent. Never know who to believe but no matter which way you go, you get danged!!! Be safe all.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote