Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2007, 04:00 AM   #1
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
5th Airbourne Pin Box

Notice something on our 5th Airborne. When we hook up the line on the shock that is used as an air pressure fill marker will show as being adequate. Tow about 100 feet and I guess the unit settles in, recheck the air fill line and it will be very low.

I read the literature that came with the unit and it indicated that you might need to add air each time you hook up. I would not need air (as above) and would get to our destination and see that the air was low. That's when I started checking after a few foot tow and discoverd the change in indicator. Don't know if any of you with a 5th Airborne has discovered this, but you might want to check.

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:11 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I'll check mine - Thanks Jim.

Wonder if just moving gets all the weight settled to actual.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:49 AM   #3
DL N K
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2888
I'd give Sonny at Fifth Airborne a call and discuss with him. He has been most helpful during my decision making process. I don't have mine installed yet, UPS severely damaged the one I got earlier this week, and DHL should deliver the replacement today. When I called and told them it was damaged, they immediately said they would send another out, no questions ask. IMHO, their customer service can't be beat! Hopefully I'll get it installed this weekend. Time's getting short, we're heading over to Bristol, TN for the NASCAR race in 3 weeks.
DL N K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:58 AM   #4
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Thanks...I'll check it out.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote