Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2006, 05:22 AM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
Windy Travel Day

I woke up this morning and thought the wind was blowing pretty good.
I opened the door and the confirmation was there. The weather guy says 30MPH north wind all day with this cold front. I could usually handle this but man I have to drive on a 2 lane east/west highway for about 60 miles. I wonder which will be empty first; the fuel tank or my nerves.lol I know it will be fine but man it makes for a long drive with the wind. It is times like this I wish I had someone else to feed our horses so I could stay at the family farm another day.

Happy Christmas
Phil

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Phil, report back that you made the trip uneventfully and safely. That's a lot of leverage swinging in the wind behind you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
I feel for you partner. We once made the pull down I-29 in South Dakota bucking a 45 mph head wind. Got all of 185 miles to the tank. Pulled hard going down hill all day. I don't know who was more wore out at the end of the day, me or the truck. The folks along the route who normally brag about the SD winds were complaining about the wind that day. Hope you and your nerves arrived in a reasonable condition.
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote