Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
Jaelyn
Established Member

M.O.C. #619
Traveling Safety

On Saturday My wife Donna and I stopped at Sleepy Bear campground on RT.95 in Lumberton, South Carolina. Checked in and setup in a pull thru for the night. About 8:00 a knock on the door, not thinking I opened the door and there was a woman requesting money.She had wandered in off the road.I told her I couldn't help her and closed the door.I should have never open the door! I should have talk to her out the window. Lesson learned. Don't open the door unless you know who is there. Called the office and they came right out. Couldn't find her, but she had hit on two campers.
Tom

Jaelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
One of the reasons we stay at campgrounds is to avoid panhandlers. A lot of rest areas will have people on the bum but you don't expect it at a CG. Good point about not opening your door to a stranger.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:30 AM   #3
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Good reminder. We all seem to be cautious of this type of thing when we are in out stick homes, but tend to be more relaxed when in a campground. Thanks for the post.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:35 AM   #4
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Yep, scary out therre. Could have easily been a drug user WANTING money for a fix. Shame that there's people less fortunate out there that have to resort to begging but, and there but for the grace of God go we, it only amplifies my decision to arm my RV while traveling.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote