Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2016, 02:38 PM   #21
Ozark Dave
Established Member

M.O.C. #17907
Following this thread I was able to fix my problem with back draft on flame resulting in long cook times. First of all I went outside and the plastic flaps were shut. So I lifted the latch and both sides started blowing exhaust. Went inside and much improvement but not solved. Went back and the metal flap was at 25% because of the piece of lateral plastic keeping it from going all the way up. I pushed up on the metal flap bending it to a more open position while still allowing the plastic to cover the hole outside. This solved the problem. Sad part is this has been a problem for a year. I may remove the vertical plastic piece keeping it from going up but for now I'm good. Thanks for all the input.

Ozark Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #22
JHRider
Established Member

M.O.C. #18926
Poor vent air flow

After suffering poor exhaust air flow from the the microwave/convection oven for almost a year I finally got off my butt and looked into the problem and this is what I found. I had never even looked into the outside plastic vent opening.I found that the flap didn't even open. If I'd gotten a flashlight and looked into the vent cover I would have seen there are two small latches on either side of the vent cover holding the flap closed. I actually took off the cover before discovering this. But that wasn't all that was wrong. After taking the plastic outside piece off I discovered that it was not lined up with the flap on the back of the oven. Had to trim some plastic because the oven didn't align to the cutout in the side of the camper wall. I did line the opening with aluminum tape to seal the wall materials from the moist/greasy air being forced out. Works great now!

Keith & Jan
2016 3000RE, 2013 Ram 3500 DRW
JHRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:36 AM   #23
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Lotsa people miss the little latches for the plastic vent door. On a windy night, I usually latch them back to keep the door from banging all night long.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #24
JHRider
Established Member

M.O.C. #18926
Sure wish the guy that gave the delivery walk thru had brought them to my attention.

Keith & Jan
2016 3000RE, 2013 Ram 3500 DRW, CC, Flat Bed
JHRider is offline   Reply With Quote