Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2010, 05:59 AM   #1
1ViciousGSX
Established Member

M.O.C. #9725
*** Stolen Music Gear *** Stolen Music Gear ***

I'm really upset at the moment and need your help.

Never thought I would ever have to deal with something like this. But Sunday (07/18/2010) a climate controlled facility was broken into (21 units total) and I had some very expensive and sentimental gear stolen. I'm passing this along to everybody I know in the hopes that it may help. Please pass it along to anybody who can help.

This happened in Walker, Louisiana. Near Baton Rouge/Denham Springs area and Hammond, Louisiana. Please keep your eyes and ears open. Local law enforcement is already involved.

I'm sure I don't have to say which of these guitars is the most important to me.

8 Guitars
1 Amp

1957 Gibson Les Paul Special (was my father's guitar)

TV Yellow, ding on lower horn/cutaway, chip on back of guitar neck
Aftermarket bridge, original in the case along with Black Diamond string boxes, no longer made
Brown Gibson case, pink interior color

This is another pic which shows the ding on the lower horn. Other than a chip on the back of the neck, the guitar is perfect other than normal aging.

Gibson Les Paul “Gary Moore” edition

Lemon Burst color, clear mahogany back, figured maple top which is like a finger print, no two are alike Says “Gary Moore” on the headstock plate
Seymour Duncan Pickups – not stock, neck pickup facing wrong way, will make this guitar stand out
Brown form fitting case with “Gibson USA” outside
Case interior will be blue and say “Gary Moore” on the protective cover

Jackson Randy Rhodes USA
Low serial number, 800-1000 range stamped on fret board of guitar neck

Black on black, Kahler tremolo, chips on points, hair line stress cracks on back from 3-piece construction
Seymour Duncan Invader and Jazz pickups, not stock and makes this guitar identifiable
Black Jackson guitar case

Ibanez RG 7620

Vampires Kiss (magenta)
EMG 707 pickups, guitar had to be modified for these to fit, this will make it stand out
Extra EMG control in back cavity
Will be in a black plastic SKB style case

The Heritage VIP

Tobacco Burst curly/quilt figured top which is like a finger print, no two are alike
Seymour Duncan “Screamin Demon” pickup, not original, will make this guitar stand out
Black guitar case with “The Heritage” on outside of it, case will look heavily worn

Hamer Californian USA

Black Iridescent finish (black multicolor)
Chrome hardware
Seymour Duncan Invader and Cool Rails pickups are not stock and make this guitar unique
Black guitar case

Jackson Stars “Jake” Kelley model
Serial number 001817 on the last fret

Rare Guitar as it was only made for the Japan market and imported to the USA by me
Burgundy/red metallic w/black bevels and back, black hardware
EMG pickups are not stock and make this guitar identifiable
Black soft leather bag/ case

Alvarez Acoustic guitar

Natural wood finish
Has a scratch/scrape/gouge in the top of the guitar, in the area circled
Black form fitting guitar case

Mesa Engineering Road King guitar amp

Early edition with the “Triode/Pentode” switching option at the rear tubes which was discontinued
Red Crocodile leather covering, this is a special order option and each one is slightly different, like a finger print.
Black Mesa Engineering slip on cover

1ViciousGSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
I really hope the police are able to find the crooks that stole your equipment. I know when some of my mother's things were taken the police told us to watch the pawn shops. I would also watch Craigs list and e-bay. It's a good thing you have some pictures for proof. Good luck.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
TLG
Established Member

M.O.C. #7828
Not sure if I understand your post right. Were all 21 units broken into, or just yours. If all the units were broken into, then your guitars are just an unbelieveable find for some idiot who probably don't know what he has and they are going to end up in some pawn shop or traded for illegal substances. If it were only your unit broken into, then you know the culprit or he knows you. Just a tad of expertise in this area. Retired after 30 years in law enforcement, and a modest collection of guitars myself.
TLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
1ViciousGSX
Established Member

M.O.C. #9725
21 different units, my was the jack pot.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
that s***s! those were beautiful insterments, I surprised that this facility didnt have CCTV in the facility and a alarm system. I would be making copies of all those insterments and serial numbers, and passing them around to all the pawn shops in the towns around you.
too bad for your loss.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:13 AM   #6
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Keep an eye on Craig's List and your local pawn shops. There's a good chance they will show up on/in either of these two places.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:35 AM   #7
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
I have had a sentimental as well as valuable antique stolen. It is heartbreaking but so frustrating also. I am praying that you are able to at least find your father's guitar.
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:36 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
A slightly different story with the same type ending. My son was in Iraq for 5-1/2 years (Civilian). While there his credit card company changed his card. His payments to the storage facility abruptly ceased. They did not try to find him, or my DW who was on record by name. Everything he had in storage was auctioned off to the highest bidder as a lot bid. He is a very accomplished guitarist and had several guitars. and amps, but nothing as valuable as your 1957 Gibson.

Here's the kicker. He got an email from someone in Alabama asking him if he wanted to purchase his high school year book as it was on Ebay. Since this was not stolen equipment, he had no recourse.

We both feel your pain. It is a very, very personal thing that no one should have to go through. My hope and a prayer is that they catch the perpetrator(s) and put them away for a long time and that you recover what is rightfully yours.

Good luck to you.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:17 PM   #9
1ViciousGSX
Established Member

M.O.C. #9725
Updated with another pic of the Les Paul
Old 07-28-2010, 03:26 PM   #10
KathyandDave
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8693
Send a message via MSN to KathyandDave
Yikes! Makes you wish for the days of justice short and swift. The first pic shows what a ppears to be a tweed Deluxe (?). Did that go, too?
KathyandDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:35 AM   #11
1ViciousGSX
Established Member

M.O.C. #9725
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KathyandDave

Yikes! Makes you wish for the days of justice short and swift. The first pic shows what a ppears to be a tweed Deluxe (?). Did that go, too?
No, they just kicked it out of the way to get to the guitars. It's a 1957 5E3 Tweed Deluxe that my dad bought at the same time as the Les Paul.