Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #41
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
I to went to my dealer today to check on my Monty 2014 3726 re win he rear cap I was checkng on doors ordered o be fixed in bedroom , noticed 2 new montanas on lt 3711fl and a 3402 they had flat backs but what fought my attention was the wireless camera mounted on the back below the clearance lights.when did the wireless camera become a standard just asking since I bought one for Christmas and am going to install I guess
R if I waited for a 2015 model it would have been standard

okierver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:24 PM   #42
Virginia Young
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14096
Eagleback - The new line Big Sky is full body paint.

oklerver - The rear camera is only on the Montanas - not the Big Skys. Go figure . . .
Virginia Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #43
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
yea i didnt get time to ask about the rear view cameara. dont know if and what size monitor it comes with if its wireless or if you have to buy or use your own monitor.anyways i got a good deal on mine from tadibrotherssrv.com thanks to a post on here about them. yea VIRGINIA dont figure why not on the big sky at least i would thought there it would be standard

okierver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 07:19 PM   #44
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
My 3735MK is a 2015 Model but made in mid 2014(one of the early 2015's) and it does not have a rear view camera or a painted front cap,a few months after I bought mine they started doing that AND the residential fridge And Recliners in the Sectional Couch>>>>>>DANG!!OH WELL still love this 5er anyway
Old 01-31-2015, 04:55 PM   #45
Wmax

M.O.C. #15814
I have a 3611 Rl 2015. Love it the back up camera works good is a little bigger than my iphone5. I have the legacy package love the rear cap and roller stile blinds but hate the heated floor. Left it on for a week on accident ( we have used ours a lot this winter) and it turned the lenolum black in a 5in spot gonna take it in to see how they want to fix it.
Wmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 02:47 AM   #46
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
Keystone offers over 15 brand name 5th wheelers in lines of standard, select, premium and luxury. The High Country and Mountaineer were classified as premium 5ths, and the Alpine, Montana and Big Sky were regarded as "Luxury", with Big Sky being the most luxurious. I'm personally disheartened by the fact that Keystone felt it necessary to create a lower entry point in the Montana and then use the cafeteria style approach, in order to "upscale" it with the "Legacy" name. Keystone has muddied the water. If I would have been interested in having a flat back, I would have sought another line. Sorry, flat backs create a perception of less quality. Molded backs create a sophisticated look and contribute to the aerodynamics. I don't need the box bumper to store my sewer hose, I have a designated compartment just for that on my unit. Even Alpine has a molded back. I wrote to Keystone and voiced my displeasure. Northtrails RV, out of Ft. Myers, FL, had 3 Montana's at the Ft. Myers RV show last week and each had the flat back. When you're competing with other luxury models, all having molded backs, Montana began looking like an entry line 5th rather than a luxury unit. This is not meant to offend anyone who has a Mountaineer or SOB with a flat back. In the marketing world, perception is real.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote