Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Creeping Slide And Decal

I had the Trailer in for the slide creeping again and now I am getting a new pump assembly. They earlier changed out the bedroom slide cylinder that was bypassing.
They put on the new front graphic and did not get it on right so they ordered a new one today.

hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Don, what do you mean they didn't get it right? You mean straight?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
They got a bubble under the decal going over the ridge on front cap and that miss aligned the decal.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:28 AM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
OK, thanks! I have to remove and replace my Montana decal also and I was going to try it myself...
Old 06-18-2009, 03:12 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Good luck with that Dave. I applied the 04 Monty graphics on my TV myself and swore I would never do it again. Luckily I had 2 complete sets of the 04 graphics as I completely ruined one set.
When I decided to remove the 04 graphics for the 07 graphics I spent the $$$ and had it done professionally.

Here is a link to "Exterior Graphic Installation Instructions"

Good Luck
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks for the link, Glenn. What was the specific problem installing the graphic? I planned on removing what's left of the "Montana" nose graphic with a hair dryer, then using Goo Gone - supposed to work great on the residual glue. I was thinking of making small pencil marks to help guide me on putting the new graphic on. Then I was going to slowly work from the middle and use a squeegee.

I am not against having this professionally done. Just wondering if I could get lucky...
Old 06-19-2009, 01:25 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
So long as you are extremely careful you may not have a problem.

Get yourself a roll of the BLUE painters masking tape. Using short pieces, at various places, tape the graphic to the nose. Once you feel it is exactly where you want it you can start removing the backing.
I watched the pro do mine and he did not start in the middle. On the contrary, he started at the end and slowly, methodically started pulling the backing away a little at a time and used the squeegee constantly being careful not to get any bubbles.

BTW-The "SQUEEGEE" he used was the same tool they use in body shops

I still plan on being at the GL Rally and if you are not planing on applying them before that I could help you.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:34 AM   #8
Navigator
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1894
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

....tape the graphic to the nose. Once you feel it is exactly where you want it you can start removing the backing.
I watched the pro do mine and he did not start in the middle. On the contrary, he started at the end and slowly, methodically started pulling the backing away a little at a time and used the squeegee constantly being careful not to get any bubbles.
We have a new set of graphics and will be attempting to apply them soon and have a question for you. Once the graphic was taped down how did the pro remove the backing without disturbing the graphic? We need all the suggestions we can get so we don't create a mess!

Kathy and Jim

Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:49 AM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Glenn. May take you up on that and I had the same question as Kathy & Jim...
Old 06-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
As you both are about to see it would be nearly impossible for me to explain the actual appilcation.
I did do some searching and found the following..
Tips and Tricks for Installing Cut Vinyl Vehicle Graphics

Good Luck
Old 06-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #11
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Glenn. Very helpful.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #12
Navigator
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1894

Thanks Glenn! That is almost as good as having you there to show us how!

Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
Thanks Glen!!
I had the front graphic replaced by a dealer and now have to replace the sides myself due to cost. I bought the new decals on the internet and the front was a great match and the sides totally different. Those instructions I printed out should help a lot. This forum is a wealth of information and I really appreciate all the help given by the members. There isn't any problem you can't get a solution to. Thanks again.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote