Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #21
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
JTRV was purchased by Happijac, a division of Lippert Components. So, the rumor that they might come from the factory pre-installed seems plausible.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #22
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
I would give anything for someone to put JT's on my rig. Being deaf, I notice EVERY. LITTLE. JIGGLE. And I have 2 active dogs running and jumping about. The shake on my trailer is so bad some days I can hardly read my computer monitor. I have a tripod, obviously it doesn't help. It rocks when the wind isn't that bad, and moves if someone leans on it. I know when cars and trucks go by and I am even learning what kind of cars and trucks go by just by the way my rig jiggles. A motorcycle was fun. I won't even go into what happens when I do laundry. LOL! I've gotten used to the shake and find it a funny quirk of living in an RV. But the silver lining is that if anyone ever breaks into the rig while I'm in bed, I'm gonna know it as soon as they touch it. When it comes to the element of surprise the joke will be on them. And my neighbor has learned to get my attention by grabbing the handle and stepping on the steps just so, to rock the whole place and get my butt out of bed to answer the door. RV's are great for deaf people, depending on how you look at it.

But I'd still love to have JT's....
blamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #23
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
JT's here too. Wouldn't leave home without them!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #24
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
I did a google on steadyfast and there was a link from the NuWa owners club there, one of the members having the JT system and switched to the steadyfast system, and felt it did the better job for him. I don't know the price difference between the two,but being a DIY guy the steadyfast system is my choice, for one simple reason, not so much someone thinks it better than another, but because of the simplicity of the system, actually it is half the arms then the JT, and I would think half the work installing. There has been good reports on both ,but for me starting from scratch I am going with the Steadyfast . The simplicity sells me.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #25
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

.........I don't know the price difference between the two,but being a DIY guy the steadyfast system is my choice, for one simple reason, not so much someone thinks it better than another, but because of the simplicity of the system, actually it is half the arms then the JT, and I would think half the work installing. There has been good reports on both ,but for me starting from scratch I am going with the Steadyfast . The simplicity sells me.
Huh??? I'm doing my best to be diplomatic here.
Have you really thought this through? I see you are new to the forum with 8 posts, maybe the simple decision should be to go with MOC experience instead of guessing that the solution might be easier to install.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #26
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

.........I don't know the price difference between the two,but being a DIY guy the steadyfast system is my choice, for one simple reason, not so much someone thinks it better than another, but because of the simplicity of the system, actually it is half the arms then the JT, and I would think half the work installing. There has been good reports on both ,but for me starting from scratch I am going with the Steadyfast . The simplicity sells me.
Huh??? I'm doing my best to be diplomatic here.
Have you really thought this through? I see you are new to the forum with 8 posts, maybe the simple decision should be to go with MOC experience instead of guessing that the solution might be easier to install.

I am not sure why you would try to be anything concerning my reply to the OP's question.I gave my opinion which is most of what I read here. If I have to agree with you because I only have 8 post ,and should go along with you and others because you have been a member longer you have your wires crossed. Moc experience is not the only experience there is ,and obviously you have no idea what experience I have in rving.

Now back to the topic. The Steadyfast is a very simple concept,as is the JT. IMO the Steadyfast system is less complicated if you will and is pretty obvious the easier to install. It just make sense that installing three arms would be easier than six. I repeat I am sure both work as advertised . Again my choice is the Steadytfast system on its simplicty, that you will have to live with as I will. I read in your profile that you have the JT, and you are happy with it, and all I can say is thats all that matters. I am sorry this upsets you, but as they say time heals.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:05 AM   #27
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I'm definitely NOT an engineer, BUT, it just seems that six braces would be sturdier than three braces. Not looking for an argument, just trying to understand the logic behind the other system. I guess there is a little more to do on install of the JT's but once they are installed they are very easy to use. Of course, I have never had another brand so maybe I am completely wrong, but I sure love the stability of what I have...
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:29 AM   #28
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I have a different solution than most. I had the scissor jacks off doing rust control, and set up on our new lot using blocks under the frame in the rear. I was totally shocked how stable the RV is now.

I do use blocks under the landing legs also. A 4" thick pad, then an 8" block, with 2 X 6 on top of that. That limits the extension of the front legs to a very short distance.

I do like the idea of additional jacks in front of the wheels. Maybe in the future?
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:47 AM   #29
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
If cost is an issue, I will second the concept of the stacker jacks. I use one set halfway from the tires to the front jacks and place the other set just behind the tires. This takes the suspension bounce out of the system and eliminates most of the floor movement. Granted we are not full-timers, but have stayed a couple of weeks at a time in the rig. The stacker jacks minimize the vibration from the Splendide washer spin cycle, but personally, I don't think there is anything made that can eliminate that. I just pretend I am sitting in a massaging recliner. I have considered the JT's, but for our usage, I can't justify the cost. It all comes down to choices, JT's or an LCD for the basement.....Hmmmmmmmm......I will let the decision be a mystery!!! The above is my opinion, and should not be construed to be an endorsement of any particular system.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:09 AM   #30
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by SlickWillie

I have a different solution than most. I had the scissor jacks off doing rust control, and set up on our new lot using blocks under the frame in the rear. I was totally shocked how stable the RV is now.

I do use blocks under the landing legs also. A 4" thick pad, then an 8" block, with 2 X 6 on top of that. That limits the extension of the front legs to a very short distance.

I do like the idea of additional jacks in front of the wheels. Maybe in the future?
I use blocks under everything, too. The shorter the amount of travel for the landing gear and the rear stabilizers, the more stable and less movement. One way to add stability with the tripod pin support is to get it as tight as you can by hand, then briefly push the landing gear "retract" button to put a bit more weight on the pin support.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:01 AM   #31
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
[quote]Originally posted by Richard Bruno

I've tried the tripod stabilizer under the pin and a pair of stabilizers under the slide in our 2007 3000RK but it still shakes when one of us is walking inside or worse when climbing the steps.

............ Moc experience is not the only experience there is ,and obviously you have no idea what experience I have in rving.

Sorry for getting my wires crossed, you obviously know how to best spend your money, just look at how simple that tripod stabilizer worked out for you. My intent was to help. I learned my simple lesson with you.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:21 AM   #32
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
I just checked out the Steadyfast web site...looks interesting.

IMHO, the number of posts a member has is totally irrelevant to anything and certainly has nothing to do with RV experience or anything else. Just read the "TV and Towing" thread...where members with many many posts, make comments that are 100% incorrect.
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #33
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

I'm definitely NOT an engineer, BUT, it just seems that six braces would be sturdier than three braces. Not looking for an argument, just trying to understand the logic behind the other system. I guess there is a little more to do on install of the JT's but once they are installed they are very easy to use. Of course, I have never had another brand so maybe I am completely wrong, but I sure love the stability of what I have...
I stayed away from saying one was better than the other. They are both the same in there concept,but different in how they are installed, I have no idea which is better. If you want to believe the guy on the NuWa forum that said he has used both, and the Steadyfast was better then you have your answer. If anyone here on this forum tries to say one functions better than the other without actually trying both that would be foolish. I have not used or installed either brand. IMO the insallation of the Steadyfast seemed less complicated and easier ,and I have no idea why this would irritate anyone. It was obvious to me the installation seemed less involved, some may see it different. I could be wrong, but from DIY aspect it seemed like a good choice,and that is all I was trying to point out.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #34
Richard Bruno
Established Member

M.O.C. #7480
[quote]quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Bruno

I've tried the tripod stabilizer under the pin and a pair of stabilizers under the slide in our 2007 3000RK but it still shakes when one of us is walking inside or worse when climbing the steps.

No need to apologize to me. The statement below didn't come from me.

Richard

............ Moc experience is not the only experience there is ,and obviously you have no idea what experience I have in rving.

Sorry for getting my wires crossed, you obviously know how to best spend your money, just look at how simple that tripod stabilizer worked out for you. My intent was to help. I learned my simple lesson with you.
Richard Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #35
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
Let's all breathe easy, there are far worse things to get upset over, the energy in responding to such things is not worth the cost. And, misunderstandings happen every day as do statements that were not fully thought out before they were made. Life happens. Deep breaths, we're all a family of sorts. Much more is to be gained in forgiveness and moving on. I'm still trying to learn that myself.

It's all good.
blamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #36
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by blamb

Let's all breathe easy, there are far worse things to get upset over, the energy in responding to such things is not worth the cost. And, misunderstandings happen every day as do statements that were not fully thought out before they were made. Life happens. Deep breaths, we're all a family of sorts. Much more is to be gained in forgiveness and moving on. I'm still trying to learn that myself.

It's all good.
I have no idea what I said that set the individual off, my post was as thought out as it needed to be. Having an opinion on the what I thought and still do, the simplicity of installation of the Steadyfast, and I will add here the reports on how well it works sold me on the product, I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone ,I am only pointing out what I think of the product.We all have our opinions and in some cases first hand experience about a product, but to berate someone on a harmless opinion is a bit over the top. I hope this is not the norm here on the MOC, and this individual is the exception.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #37
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
[quote]quote:Originally posted by Richard Bruno

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Bruno

No need to apologize to me. The statement below didn't come from me.

Richard

I am going to reply to this post then I am done with this thread,it went where it did not need to go.

I do not know what the reply about tripod stabilizers or how well they work,it had nothing to with my replies. I stuck to the OP post about Steadyfast. I don't have the Steadyfast, I only gave my harmless opinion on what I thought of it. I guess that was a mistake to some.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #38
ronnilu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3933
I just logged on and caught the drift about the comparison between the JT and the Steadyfast stabilizers. I am sure both are good systems and do the job, but from our experience, the Steadyfast is fantastic and is extremely simple to operate. That in itself, is the selling feature for me (a woman). I am sure the JT works well, too, but having to tighten it in 6 areas would be a pain. The Steadyfast makes you feel like you are on a concrete pad--great...just MHO.
Ronnilu
ronnilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #39
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
I think some of the comments in this thread were misunderstood and caused some heated replies. Everything I read in this thread was intended to help. This thread has run its course and will be locked. Another thread can be started to discuss this topic if someone wants to start it.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote