Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2008, 06:24 PM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Why is it so cold back there

After all the posts about running with the propane on, I feel compelled to chime in with a memorable experience on the way to Florida. Left West Virginia with the temperature at 20 degrees and no power to the rig. Dog and Cat riding in the rig, with DW constantly worrying about their well-being. Hit Kentucky and Tennessee and the temperature is now reading 15 degrees, Starting to worry, so we pull off and I check the water level in the batteries and notice one cell that I cannot see the water level in. Fill it up and hope over the course of a few miles that the battery will charge since I think that it is dead. Pull off at a Wal-Mart in Knoxville and decide to purchase a cheap battery to see if that helps. No change, back in Wal-Mart for a refund (not easy, policy is no returns on batteries, but pulled it off) DW is really getting worried even though I keep prefessing the wonderful power of natures fur-coats provided for the animals. A couple more hours down the road, and it finally hits me!!! I pull off, an into the basement compartment I go, and sure enough, the battery disconnect is switched, Simple turn of the key and instant lights and heat. Poor pets, thank goodness for short-term memories. Please, no berating is required regarding our travel methodology, I am merely posting my ineptitude as a hopeful help for someone who may make a similar ridiculous mistake. All is well now, but the lesson was learned!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:15 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
When things like that happen to me I call it, “a senior moment.”
Old 11-28-2008, 12:33 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Me too and I have many Senior Moments.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:36 AM   #4
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Or the infamous term....CRS
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:48 AM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Now that's funny there, I don't care who you are! The doc said mine was CRS, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it stands for!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:07 AM   #6
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Doc called mine halfheimers
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:30 AM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Called brain far*s as well.

The dog and cat thank you ! for finally remembering!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:04 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I just tell DW it was her fault!!!!!

Her reply? Expletive deleted!!!

Edited: Oops! Make that plural, "Expletives."
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:18 PM   #9
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Bingo,

I had to laugh out loud at your story...I too have many to tell, the most recent was this morning. I was working on making lunch and pulled some paper plates out of the cabinet directly above the refrigerator. (The door is a "garage door" style and lifts from the bottom.) I had pulled out the cold cuts beforehand and then went back to get out some condiments and the olight in the refrigerator was off. I did a quick look to see if something in the overstuffed refrigerator had knocked something loose inside. I then just called out to Doug that the bulb in the refrigerator had just gone out. He said okay and then a moment or two later, he said are you sure the refrigerator is getting electric? I rolled my eyes, and thought to myself "Oh Man! I KNOW what the answer is going to be!" Sure enough, when I let the door down after getting the paper plates I had hit (AGAIN) the control panel of the refrigerator and turned EVERYTHING off! So I just pushed the "On" button and low and behold the light in the refrigerator worked! LOL

Choose to be amused! It is so much less stressfull!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:14 AM   #10
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
I have all the above mentioned diseases. Isn't getting older great. I now have a excuse for all the dumb things I do.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #11
debnmike
Established Member

M.O.C. #8716
i worry about our "girls" too. We have been traveling with our dog but in the near future we will be traveling with the cat as well. Does anyone have any hints as to where to put the litterbox? I'm at a loss. Thanks for any advise you can give me. We have a 35 foot fifthwheel with four slideouts with washer/dryer combo- That space would have been ideal. Thanks again-Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Deb
debnmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #12
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
Glad I don't have CRS, although I dodn't like using shaving gel instead of deodorant like I did this week! But I forgot about it alredy.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill-N-Donna

When things like that happen to me I call it, “a senior moment.”
I think I've had some of those. I think. I'm pretty sure.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote