Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2007, 09:55 AM   #1
Roy E. Marshall

M.O.C. #7664
Grapics

I have a 2005 3400rl. I was woundering if anyone else is having problems with their grapics peeling off. and if so what can be done to correct this problem.

Roy E. Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 12:06 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Roy,
Contact Keystone about it. They might be willing to send you entire new graphics for your coach. Of course, the labor to have a dealership install them will probably be on you, but could be worth the call.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:19 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Roy E. Marshall

I have a 2005 3400rl. I was woundering if anyone else is having problems with their grapics peeling off. and if so what can be done to correct this problem.
Good luck Roy I've been trying for the last year with communications, and the only thing they offered me was the front decal for the cap, a jester of good faith from Keystone.
I've decided to remove the decals that are damaged and run a white Montana down the highway. I might decide an a custom painted serface of something we like, other that an advertisement, but that is in the future.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:36 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If you were to attend the Fall Rally next year, you just might get Keystone to replace them.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:30 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Keystone did mine at n/c
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:36 AM   #6
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
I've been lucky so far (knock on wood!) that my graphics have not curled up yet. As others have mentioned try contacting Keystone or attend a Rally and they might do it then.

Good Luck!
Lou
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:29 AM   #7
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
We have always been pretty careful about how we clean and wax our rig. Not sure what the problem is, but some are still in new condition, some have shrunk and others are curled and peeling. All got the same care. Beginning to think that there is nothing that can be done to prevent it.

When we went on the factory tour two weeks ago, I commented on the graphics problem and the tour leader came out and looked at my trailer. He said he would try to get me a new set of graphics, but made no promises. To date we have not received anything, but we are not holding our breath.

We are contemplating removing the graphics completely. I wonder if there is a market for renting out the advertising space? Perhaps SOB would be interested?
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:20 PM   #8
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Mine are as bad as they get. I also am considering removal of the curled graphics.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:17 AM   #9
Nell
Established Member

M.O.C. #7257
We have a 2005 3670RL with all the decals shrinking and curling...we plan to install new ones, but my husband wants to know the best solvent to use to remove the old residue left behind from the old decals..and how to prepare the 5W for the new ones. We don't want to mar the finish, but we do want the new decals to stick better than the first ones did. This seems to me to be a major problem with the decals, as we have seen many 2005's with the same problem.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #10
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I think Goo Gone might be the stuff to use or try WD-40 that stuff removes just about everything.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #11
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
3M Adhesive Remover is hands down the best I've ever used. It comes in a red and white aerosol can that can found at auto parts stores like O'Reillys or Autozone. A little pricey, but saves a considerable amount of rubbing and talking to yourself! For the general wipe-down prior to decal installation, the same stores carry a wax remover in a quart bottle which is way cheaper than aerosol equivalents found at Wally World. I'm sorry, but I can't recall the brand name. I R&R'd the graphics on my fiver this past spring. Keystone supplied the entire set on their dime, but I had to pay for the R&R ... the hardest part is removing the old ones. A good heat gun (not a hairdryer) and patience is necessary.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #12
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We are picking up our new Big Sky tomorrow, it was ordered in late June or early July. The delay was because they were trying to get painted graphics online and they finally got it early last month so our rig finished up in the paint shop last Wed. It arrived at the dealer in Wisconsin Rapids Friday and we get it tomorrow. I will shoot some pics and post them here so you can see what they look like. I posted the question "Vinyl or Paint graphics" on the Escapees forum and got 100% for painted instead of vinyl. I don't know how they may be working warranty claims on vinyl but the painted graphics are available... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote