Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2020, 04:46 PM   #1
joe lamel

M.O.C. #24267
Furnace issues

I have an atwood furnace in my 2019 h c 375fl that has stopped working. Tried 3 times to operate-blower comes on, runs 1/2 a minute, doesn't ignite, and shuts off. Problem is that I can't get the panel off that has the vent plate so i can check the sail switch on the furnace. Tried just to pull vent plate alone or whole panel. Is furnace vent just a slip fit into furnace or is it fastened down in some way. Going down to 19 degrees tonite and the fireplace is out also. Furion told me "no parts available", but I can put that one on hold for now. Furnace more important. Hope 2 electric heaters will keep pipes from freezing.

Sherry & Joe Lamel

joe lamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:54 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
On our 2017 you access the furnace and the sail switch by removing the furnace cover on the outside of the rig. 6 or 8 screws I don't remember which.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 03:36 AM   #3
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Joe, if you can keep the inside of the coach in the 60's and can either run heat pump or fan on low to circulate, you may be ok. I have the "4 seasons package" on ours. I run heat pump, fireplace and a small ceramic heater and it keeps the basement in the upper 40's to low 50's. The heat pump isn't really doing much at 19 degrees but circulating the warm air from the fireplace and other heater. I've been down to -5 with this and have been ok with no pipes even close to freezing. Just have plenty of clothes :-).
My plan B is to run additional electric heat off the washer/dryer circuit since I don't have either installed and they are 20 amp circuits.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 06:49 AM   #4
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Remove the screws from the stainless steel exhaust. Pull and turn left and right as you pull out the exhaust tube. Its a very snug fit. Once removed take off the 4 panel screws and you are in.
There is a furnace troubleshooting file in the files section at the top of this webpage.
Hope this helps.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 09:58 AM   #5
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryles View Post
Remove the screws from the stainless steel exhaust. Pull and turn left and right as you pull out the exhaust tube. Its a very snug fit. Once removed take off the 4 panel screws and you are in.
There is a furnace troubleshooting file in the files section at the top of this webpage.
Hope this helps.

^^^^This! The first time I tried to pull one I figured I was going to ruin the outside cover. Just apply constant pressure (not from the edges of the cover) and wiggle back and forth - it is tight. A tech had worked on mine previously and obviously grabbed the edges of the cover and bent it....then tried to bend it back straight.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote