Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2008, 11:54 AM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Check your slide toppers on walk around inspection

I washed Monty yesterday and noticed one of the toppers over the living room slide did not look right. Upon a closer inspection is was skewed to the rear. The canvas that rolled up was touching the rear bracket and the canvas on the trailer was way back also.
Does anyone know the proper installation placement for these?
Cheers,

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #2
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Top, are they Dometic or A&E, you may can go to there web site and see how to adjust them. Mine has a rod going through the bracket with bolts locking them in place, if yours is the same maybe set screw and or bolts are loose?
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John, check where the fabric connects to the coach and see if it is off center, too. There's supposed to be a screw in each end holding it in place. I was told by a mobile repair service who looked at ours on our 3295 that sometimes the screws get left out or fall out. He and another guy pulled as much fabric off the spool as they could, slid the whole thing along the rail on the coach until it was centered, then slowly let the fabric roll back onto the spool. I don't know if this will work for you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:23 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Broome101

Top, are they Dometic or A&E, you may can go to there web site and see how to adjust them. Mine has a rod going through the bracket with bolts locking them in place, if yours is the same maybe set screw and or bolts are loose?
Thanks for the memory jogger or kick in the butt. I should have thought of that. I emailed Dometic (A&E) and they emailed me the installation instructions in a pdf file. It answered the questions and confirmed what Steve mentioned. The screws in the side rail are missing.
Thanks all.
Cheers and Semper Fi,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #5
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Good Deal, glad you got it fixed.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
John,
Just be that way, screw it!

Semper Fi!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
John, I have never done it myself but if you still need this fixed when we're in your area in August maybe between you and me we can get it fixed.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote