Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Larry-P
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11570
MERCED - YOSEMITE VISIT

I would like to thank everyone for their patience & answers to the many questions I had about visiting Yosemite park. Because of you all sharing your advice & experiences we did indeed make it to Yosemite park.

We took MTHEO's advice & stayed at the Elk's club RV park in Merced. From there we took a day trip to the park driving on Rt-140 (80 miles)& had a wonderful time. (As a fyi, our day-trip consisted of us leaving our Monty at 10am & returning at 8pm.) I would advise anyone traveling within 100 miles of Yosemite park to take the time for a side trip to see the park. You will never regret it.

I had the pleasure of meeting MTHEO (Mark) at the Elk's club park. The Elk's RV park is less than 1/2 mile off Rt-140 in Merced. Anyone looking for a nightly stopover or someplace to park your RV for a trip to Yosemite, I highly recommend this park. It's easy to get to, out in the country, and reasonably priced. $25.00 per night. Big pullthrus, 50-amp service, etc.

So again, thanks to you all for helping Sharon & I have an experience of a lifetime.

Larry-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #2
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
Larry
It was nice meeting and talking to you Saturday.
Anyone having questions about this area or the park feel free to PM me.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote