Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Route Advice Glacier to Zion

A question for you folks that have more miles under your belt than I do. We are heading to Glacier via US Hwy 2 from Duluth to West Glacier, taking our time and enjoying the country. If we decide to head due south to Zion National Park in Utah, am I going right through the mountains, it sure looks that way. Has anyone been a route similar to this one?

Thanks

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:55 AM   #2
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
I drive the 'Red Bus' in the summer at Glacier. We stay at North American RV Park on the West side. If you have any particular questions on the area you can ask. I would recommend going south from Glacier on highway 93 to Missoula and over to I15 and that will take you right to Zion. The hiway 2 route from East Glacier to West Glacier is about 6o miles and a bit hilly but not too bad.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:46 AM   #3
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Driving Rte. 2 all the way across MN, ND, and MT is a VERY LONG drive. I did it from Glacier to Grand Forks in 1969. Thought I'd do it again w/our rig and DW in '05. We were so bored after reaching Ft. Peck, that I turned south to hit I-94. Suggestion for an alternate for you to consider. Take 210 to Detroit Lakes and over to Fargo, picking up I-94. Take 94 west and be sure to stop in Medora ND. Neat town, Teddy Roosevelt NP (bison, prairie dogs, wild horses, and neat scenary), and Medora Musical (outdoor stage show every night)! Very cool! At Glendive you can turn NW up to Rte. 2 and continue west to Glacier NP. We stayed at Johnson's at St. Mary. Agree re. 93 to I-15. Good roads. If you're going to Zion, consider the other NPs (Bryce, Canyonlands, Capital Reef, Arches), Page, AZ (Antelope Canyon, CO River, Glen Canyon/Lake Powell, etc.). Lots to see and do!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote