Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #41
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
MellyB, you ought to get Kevin that recliner! It will fit in that 3295RK. Mine is not real big but it is a house style lazyboy. We're thinking of replacing it. It has had a lot of use and wear the past three years.

Judy and Glen, sounds like you are well on the way! One thing you can do is anything you are unsure about, put it in the middle of the garage. Then when you finish with the rest of the house all those things are out of the house and in one place. You can then go make the decision on each item. If still in doubt, store it.

You have furniture you want to keep and that's good. Most of ours had been around a long time and gone through three kids. Not all of it, though. We felt we would want to replace much of it anyhow so it went to the auction. A few pieces, like antiques, we kept. Things we don't think we could easily replace.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #42
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
If you miss your "stuff", just go to any flea market and it will be there. We found all of our unique stuff (well, same as) in Quartzsite our first year fulltiming. Now you can scan your pictures into the computer and save a ton of weight, too. Remember, as the Janis Joplin song goes, "Freedom is nothing left to lose."
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:48 PM   #43
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for that hint, Steve. We're right in the thick of things, working on improvements in the Montana, packing boxes, scanning pictures, there's a lot to do but we're excited about getting it all done. Soon we'll take a five month break and then finalize things in November and December before we actually move out.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #44
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Reading these posts and knowin we will be doing this in the next year or two bought to mind something I did when I worked for storage of paperwork that had to be kept forever (Calif. government rules), kept for 5 years, and kept for 3 years. Also something I do when we take a cruise. I have a spread sheet that details every box or suitcase. In the suitcases I even color coded them. We usually pack a little of each thing in a different suitcase in case one is lost.
Happy trails...........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:00 AM   #45
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Before Glen started scanning photos, he spent a good chunk of time shredding old papers. We do tend to keep stuff way to long so this process is really good for us. As a result of the shredding, we now have bags of great packing material.

I have a system for packing boxes. Each one gets assigned a letter and a number. A for antigues, B for books, K for knick knacks, etc. Then on index cards, a separate one for each box, I list the contents of each box. So if I want to find some books that I put up to read later, I refer to the index cards. I add an F to the combination if it's something that we need to keep in the front of the storage area for access later, such as seasonal clothing or sewing items.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote