Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2005, 12:42 PM   #1
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Has Anyone ever heard of Everbank?

When we were reviewing things with our financial adviser (ha ha) Friday he suggested that we might be interested in changing banks. Everbank pays a lot higher interest on your checking and savings supposedly because they don't have all the over head of branch offices. It's all done over the internet. It is FDIC insured and has been in business since 1999. Has anyone had any experience with this bank or one similar? Seems like it would be especially if you were fulltiming. I don't know I'm chicken--don't want to mess up. That financial guy(ha ha) has had his for about six months and has had no problems.

tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:01 PM   #2
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
not here anyway.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:38 PM   #3
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Call your BBB and ask them about it. They should be able to check them out for you.

Here is the web site
http://www.everbank.com/main.asp?IDPage=hme&affid=eb
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:43 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
What interest rate are they paying?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:12 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Don't see how they can pay some of those rates..why does the saying "if it sounds to good to be true, then it's to good to be true" keep ringing in my ears.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 06:15 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Followed the link for the freenet checking, then the link for the 'introductory rate'. It's a 3-month introductory rate, then drops to their normal rate based on your balance. Even so, the rate for balance less than 10 grand is still over 2%. However, they have the usual disclaimers that the rate can change at any time but they also say they guarantee the rate will remain within the top 5%. I'd be willing to bet the outside of that 5% is way below 2%. Maybe they'll keep the rate high relative to others but this smacks of a gimmick to get new business. I personally wouldn't keep enough in the account to earn their highest rates when that same money can do so much better in other vehicles. Just my opinion.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:25 AM   #7
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
It's difficult these days to find a good place to keep (liquid money)and get a good interest rate. I've been looking at ING and will probably move some cash into their savings accounts which is paying 3 %. Youan get at the $ anytime by setting up a transfer to your regular bank.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 03:48 PM   #8
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Steve you have the interest rate correct. I even called them but I guess for now I'll just keep a eye on it. I'm just a chicken!!
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:53 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Re-reading this thread my post sounds like I'm really negative on that bank. That's not the case. Their approach to draw business, if that's what it is, is not at all unusual. Any time you can make a few bucks more it deserves consideration. For those in the right situation this might be a good deal.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:34 AM   #10
Montana_4353

M.O.C. #4353
Everbank is not only an Online Bank. They have a MAJOR presense here in Jacksonville. They have been sited as the fastest growing bank here. They are very strong and not going anywhere soon. I pass by the HQ every now and then, and it's booming. If it looks interesting to you, check them out further. Call the Jacksonville Regional Chamber of Commerce and the BBB here in Jacksonville. I am sure you will get positive feedback. For you situation, I think it would be a good move.
Montana_4353 is offline   Reply With Quote