Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Flying J WIFI - - how do YOU play the game

Ok, we hear people talking about surfing at Flying J's. SOOOO, we stop for fuel there today and I find you have to pay $5.00 a day, or other fees per month, etc.

SOOOOO, HOW DO YOU PLAY the Flying J WIFI game?? Do you pay the fee?? Or, is there some program with free wifi attached?? Is there something I missed here, or is it just simply, PAY gal!!

OH, btw, the Flying J on I 35 around Waco, exit 331. YIKES, busy and the pumps were in disrepair. Several were broken, one did not even have a nozzle. Had to drive around a couple of times and get in a line to get a tank that was functioning.

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
It's probably a redirection to a signin page like at BPV, so it's pay to play.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Yes, you have to pay to use Wi-Fi at Flying J's. We've done it once (and only once) when we were in need of getting our e-mail and my wife wanted to try it.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I paid. Used it late one evening and then again early the next evening at a different Flying J, thus getting two days of use out of the $5. But I agree it is expensive, especially on a daily basis.

The condition of that Flying J is not typical, but we have run across the odd bad one too.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:34 AM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
OKKK, so, there are no special "memberships" or anything to use the Flying J. The clerks were nice, but, I wanted to be sure they told me all the tricks. One gal was clueless, just handed me some form. The other gal was more into computers, and more helpful.

Guess, I won't be using that wifi! HA HA

Thanks!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:35 AM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
We have used the "Flying J" internet access only one time. We were on the road in Georgia and had tried to call a favorite uncle of Shirley's. Turned out we had an old number, so no answer. We pulled into a parking lot (not even at the Flying J) and found an access point that turned out to be the Flying J not far away. A minute or two later, and about $5.00 poorer, we had the full address and new telephone number for the uncle, and spent that night in a campgound near his home -- had a nice visit. So the Flying J is never our ordinary source of internet access, but in an emergency or felt need we'll pay the price.

Remember, I said only one time!.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote