Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2006, 09:13 AM   #1
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Problems logging on and getting kicked off!!

Sometimes I can't bring up the web site and sometimes when I can I can only stay on for a short time and I get kicked off. This is happening on all three of my computers here at home. I have also had my son and nephew try on their computers and when we are having problems logging on it also happens on their computers. We have re-registered with a different name and still having the same problem. HELP!!! Any ideas would be helpful. This has been going on for about two weeks.

tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:45 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Dennis is this a new computer? If so did you reset your cookies?

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 11:09 AM   #3
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
This what I had to do for one of my computers to use the website....hope it works for you.

For people using Internet Explorer try this - >> > Open Internet Explorer

- Click Tools > Internet Options > Privacy

- Under "Websites" click "Edit" (on the right). Newer versions might instead have a button called "Sites". Click on that.

- Under "Address of Website" type forumco.com and click "allow".

- Click Ok.

- This brings you back to the privacy popup box.

- Click "Advanced" in the middle of the box.

- Make sure that "Overide automatic cookie handling" is checked.

- Under "first party cookies" check "Accept"

- Under "third party cookies" check "Accept"

- Always allow session cookies should also be checked.

- click ok and ok again.

- Close all Internet Explorer windows.

- Open Internet explorer and try to login to the forum.

3. --------------------------
Make SURE that the time data and year are set correctly on their computers otherwise the cookie
will expire before its even set. Hence, cookies need to be enabled.

4. ------------------------------------------------------------
If none of the above helps, try this - in Internet Explorer, Tools/internet options/, then on the General tab click the Delete Cookies button. The new forum software uses a different cookie so this has worked for some when the other procedures did not help.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:10 PM   #4
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Well finally got back on since the post of yesterday. Going to give everything a try but think this is all set okay. Thanks. Hopefully I can stay on for awhile this time.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:39 AM   #5
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Everything is set correctly and as suggested. I didn't explain very good. I am having problems just bringing the web site up from internet explorer before I even try logging on. Then after being on for a few minutes it will stop working and I just get a white page and it times out.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Long story but finally found the problem. It was---tools, internet tools, advanced tab, accessibility then the second box was checked "move system caret with focus/selection changes". I don't know what that means but it sure messed up everything on all three computers even though it was only checked on one. Thanks for your suggestions. This all started when Dennis installed more memory on his computer. I don't know if it was just a coincidence or not. Changed some settings on his computer also for the forum. Internet explorer would not even bring up the web site.