Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Howdy ya'll!

It's been a while since I've posted, but I do check in and read what's going on. Life for me has taken on a rapid pace. I'm working a lot of hours with my new position and (for those of you who know the story) my father's house should be finished by the end of this week. Waiting for the county to inspect the electric so they can seal that up. Going over again on the 4th weekend to help pick out carpet. ("Dad, just pick what you like!" ) I digress. Anyway it will be really nice when this project is complete.

I have been off line a bit due to moves and weather. This area leaves a lot to be desired in terms of good RV Parks or Campgrounds for long term living. (Brevard County, FL) I'm in a little town south of Melbourne named Malabar. I'm in an RV Resort???? due to location and my work. Otherwise I would not be here or recommend it unless you needed the location. The water sucks. The electric system has serious problems that leave me with a much higher bill than I should have. But the location is perfect for my work and it's quiet. I miss the West Coast of FL. This area seems to be in a "weather system path" that lends itself to really severe daily storms complete with rowdy thunder, gusty gusts, and frightening lightening. Awning up, Awning down, Awning up, Awning down..... Another reason to be off line.

If anyone wants and update on my leak problems. Here you go. Keystone will not budge where my lodging is concerned when they take Miss Montana back to Indiana to try to once again try to fix the leak. Something about they have already spent enough and I'm too hard to please. (???) We are not talking about fabric choices or, lets say, the Quest! We are talking about the leak that will not go away. Not sure about their logic here, I have my theories, but I won't go into that. Anyway I have decided because I'm somewhat back on my feet, I would bite the bullet and pay for lodging. It's not fun moving the slide in, moving the slide out, moving the slide in, moving the slide out....... You get the picture. This has helped with the bedroom leak, although not always. Depends which direction the wind is coming from. I wish Keystone would get that part.

Keystone is picking her up on July 2 and returning on July 16. Oh "hot shot driver" please be gentle. I sure hope this is the end of this chapter, I like big books too, but this is way beyond my interest.

Having said all that, I do wish I could take the time to add sound effects to what I'm about to say because it calls for a drum roll. So imagine a drum roll when I say......

Hard work has paid off......LadyRam is mine....ALL MINE! Free and clear. Too cool! One down and one to go.

I'm sorry I have not been there for some of your struggles. At times it has been difficult for me to post when you wrote about your Montana problems. It has been difficult to reply objectively, when my most recent or current feelings about Keystone are pretty subjective. Meaning not all that good. I will say Nic Davis has been wonderful. He has to work in the perimeters that Keystone gives him, but he's trying to make this as painless for me as he can. He understands it's about the leaks. It's always been about the leaks. Otherwise I would not still be in their life and they would not be in mine.

I wish you all a great summer. Keep posting about your travels, you trials and tribulations, and your joy.

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:57 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Hey There fla native,

great hearing from you!

Congrats on the job, the paying off of LadyRam's bill and dad's place almost fixed up! That is quite a load right there!

Good luck with that leak fixing. We will all be praying to the leak masters for deliverance from this leaky nightmare!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:16 PM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Hey! Florida native, I have been wondering about you and your father. Here is hoping that everything will go good for the both of you. Walt has decided that we will move to Florida in September and it causes me to have nightmares about the storms. We are looking at a park in Holt Florida. He needs to be close to Tallahassee because of his Mother being in a nursing home. Anyway I am just praying that they will get you fixed so your miss montana don't leak. Who knows we may leak when we get where it rains all the time...
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:31 PM   #4
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Good to hear from you fla native. Know what you mean about the east coast. Couldn't keep my hot water heater working over there without going electric. I also prefer the West Coast.

Can't believe your leaks are not fixed yet. Don't know what else to suggest. I wish you luck again.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:21 AM   #5
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Thanks for the good wishes! I'm really, really, really, hopeful that this is the final chapter of "The Fathom Leak"

Linda,

I don't think you will have the kind of weather in N FL like we have in the Central and East Central. At this time of year the weather forms in the Gulf and moves across the central part of the state and then out into the Atlantic. With the worst weather being from Just North and South of Orlando and moving east to atlantic.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:13 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
B.J., thanks for the update. I hope this time they get it fixed for you. Sounds like you've been very busy, but productively so. Let us know how it goes with the fix.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote