Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2015, 05:37 PM   #1
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Still good kids out there to help us out!

Last week I had my new "minion" I found on Craigslist, help clean and wash and destreak the Montana. The 75 degree weather we are experiencing made the job easier for my new assistant. For background, I never covered or store Montana inside. While our winters are mostly mild, the summer avg of 112 degree heat, last week after week takes it toll. Standing back today and really looking at the 3750, it hit me how new it still looks. I am religious about washing, waxing and using protectants. The RV looks like the day I bought it. 25k miles under her and she still turns heads. I mentioned the helper because I think many of us forget about finding good help. I am disabled and just can't lift or be on my feet. I place a simple ad on Craigslist, under "gigs" looking for young student. I phone interview the finalist. All were in high school sports almost a requirement of mine. The one (a Junior) I hired, came over with his parents. ( I insisted on meeting them)! Told them and him what I expected (high expectations and standards) and put him to work. He washed the Dually, two cars and the Montana first day. I paid him $12.00 hour. $70.00. (He was that good). He has since been back twice. I tell him no cell phone calls no music. This is the third young man in five years. Others went off to college ( we gave them a little extra help, for their loyalty ). I wrote this to explain how much good maintenance keeps RV looking good. Also that there are still good kids (with good parents) that will work and help make things easier around the house! Also we saw a few high school football games over the years! Lol. Just wanted to share!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote