Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2005, 06:21 PM   #1
Montana_2183

M.O.C. #2183
Introduce ourselves

We bought a 3400RL Monty, 2005. We have a 2500 Chevy-Deisel with a Allison Trans. Not sure if I have all the Lingo right about the truck. We took our first big trip to Orlando for a conf. I had to attend. Extended the time and stayed for 10 days. Then we left from Orlando and drove to Branson. My husband had his parents come up from New Orleans and meet us there. Stayed for 7 more days, real nice laid back town. We do most of our camping in Alabama. at Styx River Resort, just outside of Pensacola and GulfShores. We travel with our pride and joy, Bruski, he is a 3# male yorkie, he is turning 4 August 18th. Can we post pets B-Day? Just love all of your helpful hints and great improvements that you post. Just could really use some good advice about using our cell phone to operat and our laptop to surf the net and receive computers. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
Our home base is Mandeville, Louisiana
TerriLyn and B

Montana_2183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Can't help you with the electronics, but want to welcome you to the MOC Forum. Someone will come along an tell you all about it. This is a neat place to surf.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:04 AM   #3
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome to the forum and Congratulations on your new MONTANA. There is a lot of threads one the forum just do a search and one will show up. Try this link. http://montanaadministrator.forumco....IC_ID~9848.asp

Happy Camping
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:34 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome TLandBW to the MOC Family.

You sound like you have this RVing thing worked out. We have been in the Orlando area numerous time and plan on doing the Branson thing this September after the rally in Indiana. As we work our way back to Florida, for the winter, we also plan on camping in Alabama and the Florida pan handle.

We are fulltimers and use a Verizon cell phone but we use a Verizon Air Card for connecting to the internet. Air Card still uses the Verizon signal but it is a seperate package. We still have total use of the phone while online. Here is a link to Verizon Sierra Wireless
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:40 AM   #5
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Glenn, where in the Florida pan handle are you looking at. I have a place in the Panhandle.
Wendell
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:45 AM   #6
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have a good start on the Montana adventure. Not all cell phones have wireless internet capabilities, as we found out when we inquired about ours; but our calling plan is to good to switch. We'll just wait until our cell company catches up to the rest of the world. Safe travels.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:20 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new Montana! I'm sure you'll enjoy it immensely and hope you find this forum helpful and enjoyable.

Sunshine, what phone service do you have? We use Cingular but don't have their web service. We got a cable from Nokia (ordered from their website) that attaches our phone to the laptop. It came with drivers that make the phone look like a modem to the laptop. The only additional thing needed is an isp to dial. Doesn't even need to be a local number since we have free long distance and no roaming charges. I used it with the prior laptop but have not yet installed it on this one. We've had wi-fi and central modem hookups so I haven't needed it.

TLandBW, that link Wendell provided above has lots of info. If you need more info, just post back and ask.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:36 AM   #8
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
welcome and congrats!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:05 PM   #9
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Welcome aboard. Nice coach you have. We use verizon with our laptop-a bit pricely but works.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 03:43 PM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
If your cell phone company does not provide internet service, do what Steve suggested. I have the same thing. Works when the service is good. Since we don't have a Nokia phone anymore, I'm selling mine in the garage sale. However it paid for itself when I needed it. We had direcway when parked and will probably use the Verizon service when we travel now as we have Verizon for our cell phones.
I am glad you enjoyed Branson. I have a lot of family in that area and my cousin did a lot of the building there.
Welcome to the greatest group of people in the world.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:48 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sue, Kimberling City is next door to Branson. My cousin owns Rundy's Steakhouse and Rundy's Bar and Grille, both in Kimberling City. Next time you're in the area, stop by and tell Larry Lee I said hello.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:16 PM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Steve I will. I bet your cousin Larry Lee knows my cousin Larry Kenneth! Don't you love these great double names. My cousin Lana Mary is a teacher in the area and my cousin Tommy Gene is a superintendent at a nearby dam. Actually my name is Mary Sue!
Happy trails....................
Old 08-02-2005, 04:24 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, Mary Sue, I'm not tellin' my middle name!

Larry Lee is his actual first and middle names. We sometimes called him that and sometimes called him 'Lee.' When we visited his bar and grille a few years ago I asked for him by one of those names and got a blank look. I tried the other name and got a response. Turns out it was his fiance' I was talking to and they didn't use that other name. I can't remember which they use so gave you both names!

And he's not even from the South! I have noticed all the double names used in the south, though.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:35 AM   #14
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
All of my relatives are from the midwest (Kansas and Missouri) so I guess this was a Midwestern tradition also. I have one aunt (mother of the people I named) who still calls everyone by the double names. I was always called Mary Sue or Susie and when I started school they would call Mary and I didn't answer. I finally changed it to Sue and now I use the double name with no space for legal stuff.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:48 AM   #15
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
I dunno... the only time I (STILL) get the full name is when I am in trouble...
even though I will be 41 in less than a week, it still has the power to make my head go between my shoulders......
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:19 AM   #16
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Melody
I notice you are a Jayhawker also. So what is your FULL name? Steve won't tell us his.
Happy trails...................
Old 08-03-2005, 05:27 PM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Larry Lee was called both names mostly because his father's name was Larry. Larry Lee was not a junior, I don't think, so Larry Lee was to avoid confusion.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:41 PM   #18
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Well, I'm from the south too ... Southern California ... and I was frequently called Vicki May. Which would have been okay if May was my middle name or part of a two-part first name ... but it was my last name! My mother thought about naming me April ... but that's another story.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:45 AM   #19
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
April May.... Oh ish!!!
You know, sometimes I am convinced that upon seeing the names some poor children are saddled with, that the parents didn't really want any kids....
I know... Let's all have fun voting on Steve's new middle name...
My first nomination is Clarence.
My full name that mom and Gramma used when I was SOOOO busted was Melody Anne Brown... I can still draw buggy eyes and a "MELODY ANNE!!!!!!" from my mom pretty much at will.
By the way, what parts of Kansas do you still visit?
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:15 AM   #20
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Hi Mel ... Our Kansas visits are pretty much limited to NE Kansas; all 3 of our kids live in metro Kansas City so we "home base" at a park in Independence, MO; Steve's parent live in Wamego; and, we still have friends, our doctor and our dentist in Topeka.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote