Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2005, 08:40 AM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
One final Prodigy controller Question

For those using a prodigy controller I under stand you can disconnect it when towing in reverse for 3 or 5 minutes. This is probably to prevent problems.
One question I had is in reverse is this where the internal magnet wiring might get messed up and cause problems? Shouldn't but I doubt the mfgr's worry to much about such stuff the longer I read about this industry.
I am going to use 8 and B2 for my settings.

For Duramx owners using this controller with the Allison tranny.
How has your success been cresting a climb and letting the tow haul mode control your descent.
I will probably crest and get the unit to about 45-50 depending on the expected grade and let the tranny make the calls on the descent hopefully only needing the brakes very occasionally. I also will probably put the controller in B3 so the trailer leads the truck alot more in the descent saving the truck brakes for a big emergency.
Also how do you modify your settings in rain?

We will be in the ROckies but not crossing some of the more difficult roads but we will be on I-70 from Denver to Moab and that has some good climbs and 160 from Durango east and then north to Denver. I have driven both several years ago and I don't remember much climbing at all on 160 east from Durango but there are some nice climbs on I-70.

Leaving tomorrow afternoon.

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote