Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #121
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

Yup... Touch up paint comes with it Rich... We also took them to the paint store and had them match it so we could paint the things at our lot to match..We now have a matching shed, steps that Bill made for me and a matching picnic table...Lo and Behold, we even found a matching truck for it...

Enjoy..
Helen
Helen, I'd like to see photos of your updated lot.... I've been watching your blog, but nothing yet... =)

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #122
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Rich,

All painting is done by outside vendors.

Remember when we had our front/underside painted at the Rally? We had it done by Spurlock Industries who paint mostly for DRV but are also trying to get into Keystone.

When you get your rig, contact Customer Service and ask them for the paint code so that you can get some from your local automotive paint store. That is what we did and do.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:51 AM   #123
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We were over to the paint shed at the last rally. I believe it was the one you mention.We were impressed by the quality. Have alread asked my dealer for the paint code. This Forum is as usual great for the heads up.
Will be doing a light order soon as we get things together.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #124
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
This is like what you will get from Customer Service if you email your request with the last 8 digits of your VIN:

Old 05-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #125
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Great Info Mike.. I will do that soon as we get the VIN.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #126
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Still no Big Sky.Dealer has his driver on standby to get it soon as it is ready. They are only @ 120 Miles away from the factory. Had we known it would take this long we would not have ordered.Paint or not. It is however a 2013 not a 2012.This is screwing up our travel plans.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:51 AM   #127
KSGirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5859
We understand how you are feeling. We ordered our Big Sky last year in March and we didn't get it until the middle of June...June 15th. We were in Arizona and it was getting hot at 118 degrees during the day! Hang in there Rich it will be coming soon I hope.
KSGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #128
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Still no Big Sky.Dealer has his driver on standby to get it soon as it is ready. They are only @ 120 Miles away from the factory. Had we known it would take this long we would not have ordered.Paint or not. It is however a 2013 not a 2012.This is screwing up our travel plans.
Rich,

All good things come in time...I am sure you are like a kid waiting for Santa to deliver the goods under the tree!!! The great thing is once you get this toy it won't be sitting in the closet a month after Christmas!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #129
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have a MOC rally next week in PA and we are very unhappy with Keystone. They never mentioned that a paint job would take so long.We are very close to telling them to keep the thing and we will reload the 06 3400. There is nothing wrong with it.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #130
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
When we order a new 5th wheel we will require that it be naked and have it painted the way we want it. Based on previous conversations with Spurlock, it will be a lot cheaper and we'll have a unique design...
Old 06-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #131
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
The real Shame is that unfortunately regardless of who the manufacturer is or what the product is the whole idea of customer service and/ or the very notion that the customer is always right has gone out the window in a big way.

I really like the idea of getting a "naked" rig and custom painting it to your liking....
Old 06-01-2012, 04:11 AM   #132
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This Big Sky came off the line May 3rd.This is June 1st and no sign of it. There was no indication by Keystone that it would take this log for a paint job or we would have ordered accordingly.It is not our dealers fault. He now says had he been aware he would not have ordered the unit as he knew our travel plans. Are there so many Big Skies off the line that they are backed up.If Keystone knew of a back up why were we not advised. .

Our plans to leave for a road trip on June 5th are trashed. There is no way we will take a unit off the line and run 1000.00 miles with it without a in depth PDI. The 06 PDI took 2 days.

This Big Sky new camper experience is off to a very negtive start.

If anyone is planning on ordering a Big Sky package I woud be aware of the time it may take to get it.

We are really upset not because we do not have a new camper to play with this is our 6th camper and we have been there done that before. We DO NOT have a camper..Our travel plans are screwed, Reservations will have to be undone.It may cost us $$$.
It was avoidable had we been propely imformed by Keystone...We now rue the day we placed the order.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:20 AM   #133
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Man that really stinks.....

Hard to argue that you got stuck good.

I guess Keystone does not see this as a major PR disaster in the making.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:42 AM   #134
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
Rich, I would think it is the dealers responsibility to find out the cause for the delay and to inform you. You purchase from the dealer, not the manufacture. Our dealer called and got build date, and was informed at time it left the yard for delivery (no paint of course) but the dealer should be your spokes person in the sale, after all that is what you are paying the mark up for.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:03 AM   #135
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I've a little different take on your dismay ... 2-3 added weeks of turmoil and reshuffling life is well worth the prize at the end. My 3150 was 24 days past my dealers promice of being able to hook it to my truck. It ended up being a 2011 instead of a 2010 for the same price and Boy Howdy did we enjoy it once we took possesion. Possibly missing a rally and a few plans is a pretty small price when you look "back" at the whole picture here in a month or so.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #136
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Our dealer did everything we asked. He did call and every time he got a different delivery date.The latest one is June 4th.
He has a dealership truck and driver on standby ready to go for pickup as soon as he gets the OK from Keystone. The dealer was told the cause for the delay is a backup for the paint job. We find now that Big Skys ordered last year had similar delays.

Had we not made commitments I would not care and we made those commitment based on what information we had from Keystone.We called a individual at Montana who will remain unnamed in February and he said allow two extra weeks for the paint. We did..did not work.

We love rallies

I our dealers defence My guess is he doesn't get many Big Sky orders. We know this guy well had he been aware he would not have let us order when we did.
It is obvious Keystone did not keep the dealer advised.He would call get a Delivery date when it did not appear I would call him , he would call Keystone
and get another date.

We have another rally starting June 21st..We love MOC rallies,, Old friends, meeting new friends. Missing that is to us a big deal.

You know me . We do not stop on the Forum..We go up the line and express our concerns.

This is not a Montana blast.We are in the end happy campers but IMO this was avoidable.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #137
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The same type of delay affected our camping plans also. But rather than stress out over it, load up the old 3400 and go on your planned trip. The new one will arrive on its own schedule and will leave lots of time for the dealer to ensure everything is operational. The desire to utilize the new rig is powerful, but attending a MOC rally and seeing all your friends is even more so.

Go to the rally and enjoy the new RV at the next rally!

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #138
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Reload the 06 3400..Not going to happen. We already considered that. We were going to be gone for a month. Reload, unload,Should we reload the 06 that Big Sky is history. The rally actually begins the 6th of June. We were going to arrive the 5th.We just need two days prior to departure to PDI the Big Sky out.
It could still happen. There is still hope but we are still not happy campers.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #139
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Sorry to hear of your frustrations Rich. Not that it will solve your issue, but SOB's are having the same issue. My new coach was scheduled to be built next week and in the paint shed the week of 6/11 with a delivery to the dealer on the week of 6/18. Due to the delay's in painting, my new offline date is 6/21 with paint to be done on 6/26. Should the dealer week of 7/2 or two weeks behind original promised date. I told the factory rep to build it right and paint it perfect, I'd rather wait the extra 2 weeks to get my coach exactly as I ordered it and in perfect condition. I hope your Big Sky rolls soon and you are able to salvage most of your travel plans. Now that I am a fulltimer, there is nothing I can do but sit and wait...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #140
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well our 2013 Big Sky arrived at the dealer this afternoon 30 days after it came off the line The dealer is doing the Pre delivery now. These guys are very good the 06 3400 was perfect after their PDI..(of course in burst into flames 7 months later) Will be going to the dealer for our PDI monday and to pay for the thing. It is going to be close but I think we can make the PA rally and road trip.

Yes all brands are having the same issue. I think a lot of folks are fed up with the graphics problems and are going full body paint.