Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #101
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
[quote]Originally posted by Mynabird

We have had ours now about 5 months. Of course not a Big Sky, but do really love our new retirement home, The 2980 was our camper, this is our home! I had a bit of trepidation at first, but so far so good. But, then we do not expect perfection! (that is an impossibility!). :~)
[/quote

We hope we do as well..

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #102
mobilcastle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11759
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mynabird

We have had ours now about 5 months. Of course not a Big Sky, but do really love our new retirement home, The 2980 was our camper, this is our home! I had a bit of trepidation at first, but so far so good. But, then we do not expect perfection! (that is an impossibility!). :~)
The 3402 is a very nice unit. My wife and I like the double sink layout. I wish you good luck with your unit.
mobilcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #103
jeffr405

M.O.C. #12468
Hello:

This is our 1st. 5th wheel (3400RL). How much weight does an average couple add to the trailer for a short (1 wk) camping trip? 500 lbs?, 1000 lbs? Our trailer is listed as 11,900 lbs empty.
Just curious about what our towing weight will be.

Thanks
jeffr405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #104
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jeffr405

Hello:

This is our 1st. 5th wheel (3400RL). How much weight does an average couple add to the trailer for a short (1 wk) camping trip? 500 lbs?, 1000 lbs? Our trailer is listed as 11,900 lbs empty.
Just curious about what our towing weight will be.

Thanks
Hi Jeff,

This could vary greatly, so I'm sure most folks would suggest after you get it loaded to where you normally would for a week, go and weigh it. Don't forget that if you just fill your fresh water tank, that is about 500 pounds right there...

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #105
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Th 06 3400 Montana is empty, cleaned up and ready to go. No word on the 3402 Big Sky but expect to hear this week.

The 06 needs two holding tanks dealer said don'y worry about it.The graphics really went to pot this year and needs a entire new set.

It has the Mor ryde IS system, Sturdy Mor Ryde 2 inch hitch, JT stabilizers and the new Dexter never adjust brakes. It has a good set of General tires.Just had a new fridge cooling unit installed.

The NADA low retail for the thing is 23,665 and they generally are selling for 25,27K.I would not pay the low price with the graphics looking as they do.

Strange we are looking forward to a new Big Sky not excited.Been around to long I guess...
Old 05-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #106
mobilcastle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11759
I think the excitement will come when you go to pick it up and leave for your maiden voyage!!!
mobilcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #107
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Well Rich, I think you will be looking forward to the full body paint job as you will no longer have to worry about the decals. Flip side, now you can fuss over the little chips and "nicks" that will be showing in the paint. Remind me again, did you get the tan/black or gray/black paint colors?
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:33 AM   #108
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dave you were talking about full body paint years ago. It took some time but it happened.The paint was the primary reason we went Big Sky. We went with the gray/black simply because there are not many like that out there.Got to find out if there is touch up paint

If one follows this forum and gets to go to the rallies we understand that there have been many improvements in safety and construction over the past 6 years. I know that is the case. My issue is with the workmen who put these things together."pride in workmanship"....Not.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #109
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich, you're right! I have been talking about full body paint for the past 4/5 years and I am glad to see that Keystone (and other companies) are finally offering this option on 5th wheels. I will be fussing over the nicks and chips shortly and feel that it will be well worth the trade off from decals and gel coat that turns yellow after a few years of being in the sun. I truly hope your coach meets and exceeds your expectations as I'm anxiously waiting to hear your report on the PDI and shake down trip.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #110
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The thing was off the line May 3rd and out for paint.The estimate was two weeks. We are scheduled for a campout with one of our local group June 5 to 11. We sort of need a RV to do that....
Old 05-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #111
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
We have had our 3402 rl for one month now, love it except for one thing I did not see or think about was the sink in the bathroom IT SUCKS!!! try shaving or brushing you teeth over the sink and you will get water all over the floor and counter because the sink is un der the vanity too far so I have to open the vanity to get my head a little more room over the sink, oh well small inconvience otherwise nice rig!
Old 05-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #112
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Dave you were talking about full body paint years ago. It took some time but it happened.The paint was the primary reason we went Big Sky. We went with the gray/black simply because there are not many like that out there.Got to find out if there is touch up paint
Rich...small bottles of touch up paint were in my rig to match my painted graphics.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #113
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I have got to learn about having a Montana all over again.But I will have a lot of help...
Old 05-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #114
troutchasers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10657
Rich... Talking with a regional rep from Keystone he told us the painting was the biggest holdup getting Bigsky's out the door. They need a second paintshed but Keystone won't build one (yet). It was March when we spoke and he mentioned they had a 4 week backlog sitting outside the paintshed. Our dealer tells us we will get a delivery date second week of June. We ordered first week of April. He also said the line shuts down the last week of June and the first week of July for model/line modifications.
troutchasers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #115
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
Our Big Sky new to us but not brand new also had the touch up paint bottles. FYI. We have used it here and there and it worked great.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #116
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
[quote]Originally posted by UpinAK

Rich... Talking with a regional rep from Keystone he told us the painting was the biggest holdup getting Bigsky's out the door. They need a second paintshed but Keystone won't build one (yet). It was March when we spoke and he mentioned they had a 4 week backlog sitting outside the paintshed. Our dealer tells us we will get a delivery date second week of June. We ordered first week of April. He also said the line shuts down the last week of June and the first week of July for model/line modifications.

Our Big Sky came off the line May 3rd and out for paint. We were told 2 weeks?? Keystone does not do the paint..we are told???
You are absoluty correct abut the paint delay. Ours should now b e in This Thursday. That would be four weeks after it c ame off the line.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #117
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am not sure which coach I am more excited to see Rich....yours on Thursday or mine in 4 more weeks....Congrats!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #118
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Yup... Touch up paint comes with it Rich... We also took them to the paint store and had them match it so we could paint the things at our lot to match..We now have a matching shed, steps that Bill made for me and a matching picnic table...Lo and Behold, we even found a matching truck for it...

Enjoy..
Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #119
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Still no Big Sky.Ordered March 15th came off line May 3rd.Out for paint.Maybe they are doing a extra good job???? Meanwhile we are having camper withdrawal. We have roads to travel, Places to see, things to do.....Its our camper and we want it now.

Local rally June 5th????
Old 05-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #120
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Still no Big Sky.Ordered March 15th came off line May 3rd.Out for paint.Maybe they are doing a extra good job???? Meanwhile we are having camper withdrawal. We have roads to travel, Places to see, things to do.....Its our camper and we want it now.

Local rally June 5th????
I feel for you Rich. We still don't have ours either. Was hoping to make Seven Feathers, but not looking good. Hang in there...
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote