Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Televisions networked?

My friend Ann has a motorhome. She can flip a switch, and the dvd she was watching on her livingroom tv, she can watch in the bedroom. I told her I can't do that. I even asked the walk thru guy about it, and he said no. But since he never bothered to tell me about the green button in the closet I need to push when using cable, I'm not too trusting of his knowledge. Is he wrong? Is it set up so I can put a dvd in the player in the living room, and watch it in the bedroom? Any enlightenment on this would sure be appreciated!! Thanks...

Jan

Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Most motorhomes I've been in have video control centers up front near the TV. This is an electronic box that allows switching between say park cable and satellite inputs as well as routing a DVD movie from the player back to your bedroom TV. Unfortunately, fivers and TT seldom have this device as an installed option as is the case with our Montanas (at least the several that I've been in). Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I don't think we can send the DVD movie signal to our bedroom TV's without buying and installing a control center ... or swapping coax cables around behind your DVD and living room TV.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:00 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Montana's don't got that feature..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
mtnhntr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6254
In mine, I can watch the same satellite channel on either or both TVs with output from the satellite reciever. I would think that if you connected the output of the DVD the same way that you could also do it with the DVD. By removing the little jumper cable that connects the cable/satellite incoming to the coach and connecting the DVD output such that it routed to the bedroom and then back to the living room. I have to turn the little signal booster switch in the bedroom off in order to make it work. This should work unless the 2007 is different than the 2005'
Ken
mtnhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Jan,

There is a cable run between TV's that is used from the outside Cable connection and satellite (jumpered box in living room). You can use that cable to send any signal you want to the bedroom using a video switch, and it won't interfere with your overhead antenna.

We are hijacking that cable to send satellite from our dual tuner to the bedroom. I could connect it so the DVD goes to the bedroom as well (through the satellite box), but I would rather control the DVD from the bedroom.

Simple answer - I bought a $29 small DVD player at Wallmart that I'll put on the shelf in the bedroom for the bedroom TV.

Here is a wiring layout from Keystone:

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #6
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Our 2006 is the same as Ken's.
Wire it the way he describes and watch Satellite or DVD upstairs or down.
Leave the signal booster switch off.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:03 AM   #7
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Thanks for the feedback, y'all sure are a helpful group...:-) I have a dvd/vhs machine, I'll hook that up in the bedroom. I tape my soap everyday, then watch it when I go to bed at night. Since the jacks for the patch cords are on the front of the bedroom tv, I'm going to plug them in, then run them through the same holes they have for that light in the closet, then rig it up so the machine can sit on the shelf in the closet. That way, it's out of sight, and not taking up much needed space in the bedroom. I can tape my soap as usual, plus watch dvd's...I think it's a plan...:-)

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #8
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
That should work just fine kid!!!
Have fun, see ya
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:18 PM   #9
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Our Cambridge has a switch box that allows about any combination of antenna or dvd or cable to be routed to the main tv or, seperately, the remote in the bedroom. The panel has the antenna boost amplifier buit in. It looks to me like it would be relatively easy to add to any Montana as long as a coax line could be routed from the entertainment center to the bedroom. If this doesn't already exist it is usually close by to the entertainment center. The panel we have is built by wiengard but most any video switch (available at radio shack or fry's could be adapted. I even figured out that it could be configured to make use of the newer dual signal satellite recievers to allow the bedroom TV to have a different channel than the main TV ( I happen to like RVDTV which Vikki refuses to watch). Now, if I could just find some comfortable position to look at tv in the bedroom I woud have it made.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote