Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #1
bwetli

M.O.C. #21347
No Quality Control - 2018 MHC 305RL

I suppose this is more of a rant than anything else, seems like every trip out there is a new discovery of yet another poorly constructed component, bad design, unacceptable construction method, etc. This weekend we went to a county park that is about 100 miles away. Paved highway all the way. Got backed into our site, opened the door, and to my dismay the entire header or facia on the living room slide had separated from the slide out frame, and fallen down onto the kitchen island etc. The header had been attached with a pneumatic nailer with finish nails (I call them pins - they don't really have a head on them at all). We've had this 2018 305RL for about 15 months now. Has been a constant source of disappointment. Waste tank valves that leak. Took to dealer for warranty work - replaced one valve seal, only to now have the other leak - probably started when dealer replaced the black tank seal. High degree of flex in the slide out floor - dealer told me that was normal and nothing was wrong. Coroplast liner on the bottom of the trailer did not go all the way back to the rear cap - it had been cut too short. Wires hanging loose from bottom of rear cap. I had to seal with gorilla tape. Now this. I have included pictures I hope - haven't posted before. Like a lot of you, I will fix this myself properly. I will not trust the dealer with repairs going forward. But this was a huge downer for the weekend to think what we pay for these rv's only to find that they are slapped together with little if any quality control.
Attached Images