Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2003, 05:05 PM   #1
Montana_88
Established Member

M.O.C. #88
HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPP

Boy am I in need of help. By the time anyone reads this it will probably be to late for me to get your response. Boy do I wish this was live. I could make a long funny story out of this past week but maybe all I have to say is I'M A NEWBE and you'll understand. We bought our first ever 5th Wheel in Jan. but just started getting it ready and learning how to drive it. Yeah, like I said NEWBE. This is my dream life turning into a nightmare. It's all my doing. My hubby never thought I'd get the loan to buy it he tells me now, that's why he agreed to buy it. Even after he signed the papers he didn't think it would go through -But it did. He's been real sick when the baby arrived and we only recently started getting it ready for our big 200 mile First Trip. Reading the manual a million times doesn't work for us without diagrams of every hose, nut, screw, turn on or off valve and anything else. Worst part is when things are missing. Like the cap for the Holding tank. We put the hose in and out comes the water from the bottom. He says, "I wonder how long it's going to take to fill it up" I knew I was is really big trouble. A few words are exchanged and three hardware stores later we were able to close it. Of course we closed up the camper for the night as well. We did manage to get the anti-freeze out. Today, we filled the tank, put in the bleach as recommended to sanitize it. Opened all the faucets, turned on the pump, it made a lot of noise OK OK, and nothing. I closed all the faucets again. The tank is full, the lights say so and besides the water didn't come back out. I went through the whole process again and still nothing. When I shut all faucets and only open one I can hear it trying to spit out. If I open other faucts everything gets quiet and nothing happens. The pump also quiets down when I close everything. What am I doing wrong???? Direct connection everything runs ok. We are suppose to leave Friday AM and I have a full holding tank waiting to sanitize the plumbing. It's probably something really really stupid that I missed. This turned out pretty long anyway. Our biggest problem, (well one of them anyway), is we work and the unit is on the company lot, we do this After a long day's work, big mistake it's after five, we're playing bet the clock with the rain and nightfall. Hopefully, I can get someone tomorrow morning in the service department to walk us through this. Im not even going near the Hot water unit yet, that sounds like another major project that's not written clearly in the manual. (We'll use the camp ground showers) I thought we really had our heads screwed on pretty good until this past week. I feel like a complete idiot through this whole learning experience. I've been in and out of this site for the last couple of months reading all the great advise and support keep up the good work. We'll get through this hopefully.

Alive & Don
2b-rvers
2003 Montana 3575RL
2002 Silverodo 2500HD,
Crew Cab
Jersey City,NJ

Montana_88 is offline   Reply With Quote