Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
jaybird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6300
Wanting a top of the line portable Heater???

I'm tired of buying cheap units that might not be trust worthy when I'm not there or break. Any suggestions for a top quality portable heater that I can count on when I'm campig in the winter and when she's in storage????????

jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
This one is pricey (I wish I could afford one) but these have been out for only a little while, and considered very efficient and safe, therefore cheaper to run than other heater types. It's called an "Eden Pure". Do an Internet Search of Eden Pure and you'll find lots of information on it.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:25 AM   #3
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
I bought an Eden Pure, sent it back, noisy, and not much heat. Just my experience. Others my have faired better.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Are you talking electric or propane?? For electric, the small Pelonis heaters work well, I am not sure about a heater for when the rig is in storage???? You are definitely of a braver nature than I am, I just winterize the rig and let it set though sub zero temperatures?? I don't think it would be wise to have any sort of a heater running when in storage or are you talking during visits?? Then it still reverts to the question of propane or electric. For short term heating, the Little Buddy propane heaters which work off of the one pound cylinders should serve the purpose well.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:05 AM   #5
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
I bought a NewAir 400 amp oil filled flat panel heater and its great in the bedroom or living area when you dont want the furnace running all the time.It has a thermostat and there is no noise. Google it. I think I bought it on Amazon
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:21 AM   #6
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
I have tried the Eden Pure heater in the Monty and it did not keep up with the cold weather. However, in my stick house it works great. It must have to do with the tightness of a stick home versus the Monty. We now use the little Pelonis ceramic heater to help keep the unit warm but there is a drawback to those as well. If your trying to bring the tempurature up from a cold starting point the Pelonis won't do it. therefore we run the onboard propane heater to bring the temp up and then use the Pelonis to maintain the temp.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote