Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
STILL waiting for repairs

I posted here back in May about hubby tangling with a diesel barrier and lost. Separated back cap from side wall about a foot. We had temp repairs done in TX. They sealed it up good enough to live in and drive back to NJ. We are fulltimers.

We took rig to our original dealer in NJ on May 24. They kept it for five days. We assumed they would order parts immediately. We found out they FINALLY ordered the parts on July 2. We have been calling them every week for updates.

Well, finally on Friday they said they received the back cap but FORGOT to order inside wall! Can you beleive this?

Meanwhile here we are "camped" in my daughters driveway all summer. They said the wall is now ordered and should get here in two weeks.

In meantime we have commitment with NOMADS in North Carolina on 9/13.

We are concerned! And frustrated! And angry! And feel absolutely powerless. We can only hope that they are right and can get the part in as promised and the work done quickly and correctly. But looking at past history - we are more than a little skeptical.

Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
You would be better off if you drove to Indiana and brought the parts back to your dealer. I would be at the dealer every day talking to potential buyers telling them that you are waiting to get your rig repaired. Tell them that you know it will get repaired soon and you are just checking on the progress. Never say anything negative but be there talking to their customers. Tell them that you are happy with your trailer and you know that everything will be made right. Always be positive and upbeat. You might be surprised how fast they will fix your rig. They don't want you there but they have no reason to ask you to leave. I've done this with houses and received very good service. It's the squeeky wheel theory.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
Ours is in the shop for frame flex and they tell me that it will be done by the end of the week. I sure hope so as we are leaving soon after that for Utah. I will post my problem after they fix all the broken welds and I get it back. I know with our dealer I have to keep on them and remind them that I need it in a couple of weeks. It is frustrating, but just hang in there.
PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
Our dealer is 90 miles away. Quite impossible to be there everyday. But not a bad idea if they were closer.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #5
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
OOPS! I thought the dealer FORGOT to order the back wall. Wrong. Keystone FORGOT to make it. We will do one of our twice weekly calls tomorrow and try to shake things up again.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Not to hijack the thread but what are the indicators of frame flex??

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PapaBeav

Ours is in the shop for frame flex and they tell me that it will be done by the end of the week. I sure hope so as we are leaving soon after that for Utah. I will post my problem after they fix all the broken welds and I get it back. I know with our dealer I have to keep on them and remind them that I need it in a couple of weeks. It is frustrating, but just hang in there.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote