Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
kramperD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8078
2nd AC installed by factory or dealer

I've tried to read all the threads about AC, and now am wondering what's better, to have the factory install the 2nd AC or have the local dealer. Is one way less expensive or better? Thanks for the input. D

Old 03-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
If you have a choice I would go with a factory install. I have had two others installed both by Camping World and they were done very professional, I very seldom go back to a dealership. However on the newer models the 2nd A/C are ducted into the A/C system and if yours is that way I would have the factroy install. GBY......
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:52 PM   #3
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
The factory install has one downpoint. They install a high profile unit like on the back. One great option is to let your dealer install the Carrier Air V Low Profile. It is the lowest profile A/C on the market. You can get the ducted ceiling assembly with it and it will use the ducts in your new camper. It also comes with a remote control. That way if you're hot or cold in the middle of the night you don't have to get up to adjust the thermostat. Being up on the front of the roof the lower profile really looks better in my opinion than the towering Dometic, and the remote is cool too. Price is pretty much equal both ways in my experience.
Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:39 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Factory, I like Greg's suggestion
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I also like the idea of a factory install, if that's an option. When we ordered our 2007, only the prep was done by the factory. Install of the A/C had to be aftermarket. Ours is a Coleman Polar Mach, a low profile unit. Our rig is the same height as it was without that front A/C. That was a decision factor for me.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote