Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2010, 03:28 AM   #21
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Some detergents are made for front loaders. The D/W uses 2XUltra Tide HE...it says "for front loaders."

TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:08 AM   #22
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I continued to use Tide w/bleach since I have allergies and knew this one was okay. I think more than the brand is the amount. Follow the directions in the manual for amount. Small loads, not over drying is the key to no wrinkles. We use the permanent press setting mostly but also the delicate. It will take a few loads to give you an idea of what works best for you. Even though it takes small loads, you can do them anytime (even in your PJ's) so we don't find it a problem.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #23
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Use the HE for laundry detergent and HE for the fabric softener too.

What works for me.

Smaller loads.

MUST use fabric softener.

I have the 2100 XC, after the laundry is finished washing, I take EVERYTHING out of the machine. Divid the already small load into either 2 or 3 smaller piles/loads. Dry each seperately.

FOLD the shirts and jeans and larger items. yes, fold them. Have no idea why, but that sure helps. A good snappy shake out of the pieces of laundry as you remove from machine also helps some.

I dry the tshirts (max 4 t shirts at once) and such first, on the perm press cycle, I start with 20 minutes and may not even let it run that long. Take out and hang to dry the rest of the way.

Next I do the heavier cotton type things, and find I can dry them on full dry power, and get em dry. If the loads are small enough, they don't wrinkle.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote