Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2009, 02:49 AM   #21
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We don't use RV funiture, we have always given it to Goodwill and then write it of our Tax's. The 5er we have now has a 92" couch and it fills the rear of the 5er. We have a Lazy Boy recline-away in the slide out. The Lazy Boy doesn't have a large foot print and is much more comfortable. As for room we have to end tables on each end of Lazy Boy and if we need to use the other Dining chairs we just remove one end-table. When we return to Tennessee in Mar we will be removing the 92" couch, and we then will put our other Lazy Boy recliner and Glider rocker in the rear. We really have no use for a couch, its just the two of us and when the Kids visit as they did last week-end they are put up at the nearest hotel. If we ever order another 5th wheel we will order it without funiture unless there is a major improvement and I doubt there will be. GBY....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:48 PM   #22
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
I just talked to one of the Montana dealers that will be at the Seattle RV show the first weekend in February and they will have a 3455SA on display. So it looks like we will be able to actually see one and do some "touchy feely".
Old 01-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #23
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
the problem with the 3455 is the desk as they call it is up in the kitchen and is about 24" wide and 18" deep . try doing any bookwork on that and it is just inside the door so when its open everything blows away or the whole world knows what you are doing. the window behind the tv is useless as the tv will always be up except when on the rd so who cares if the window is there ,,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:54 AM   #24
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
I am going to switch the couch and chairs also. The DW wants to have the couch in the rear. I am also going to attempt putting a slide shelf and install a 32" in the living room. I know it may require mods to the cabinet. My TV is held in by a bracket fron the back of the tv to the base of the cabinet like Brads (same yr model). I will post pic after completed.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #25
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jackel1959

Once again, MOC comes through. Thanks for all of your inputs...you have certainly answered my question and I am sure we will be able to swap the recliners and the sofa in the 3455SA. This unit has a lift TV that will not swivel, but moving the recliners will allow a head on view and still provide comfortable viewing from the prone position on the sofa. I will have to wait and see how we deal with the heater vent with the new air-bed sofa.

Jack,

Just a heads up. I think being able to switch the couch and recliners might be model specific, or perhaps dependent on what couch you might get with your unit. I am not able to do it with my 3605RL because the couch (inflatable hide-a-bed) is 37" deep, and my curb side slide inner trim is only 32.5" from the back wall. Perhaps some earlier couches were not so deep? If I were you, I would measure that out at the RV show that you will be going to. I know the floorplans on the web site look similar between some models, but maybe they are not to scale. I will PM this to you in case you don't catch this thread before you go to the show.

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #26
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
[/quote]

Jack,

Just a heads up. I think being able to switch the couch and recliners might be model specific, or perhaps dependent on what couch you might get with your unit. I am not able to do it with my 3605RL because the couch (inflatable hide-a-bed) is 37" deep, and my curb side slide inner trim is only 32.5" from the back wall. Perhaps some earlier couches were not so deep? If I were you, I would measure that out at the RV show that you will be going to. I know the floorplans on the web site look similar between some models, but maybe they are not to scale. I will PM this to you in case you don't catch this thread before you go to the show.

[/quote]

KT,
Thanks for the heads up. We were concerned about that too and will make sure to have a tape measure with us when we attend the RV Show next month. Our biggest concern is being able to watch th TV comfortably from the recliners in the rear, especially the one on the street side.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jackel1959

I have a question for all of the 3400RL owners out there. We are looking at the NEW 3455SA model but have not been able to see one in real life yet. We have seen the floor plan, several photos and really like the layout. It appears to be the same as the 3400RL from the door aft with the exception of the TV and desk area. In the 3455, we have a concern about being able to watch TV comfortably from the recliners in the rear because the TV doesn't swivel. So here is my question: In the 3400RL, could you move the recliners where the sofa is, still have enough room in between them for a table and use the dining table chairs without any problem? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Jack
We have the couch in the back of our 3400RL. We have just one recliner and it is where the couch used to be. But I have a table on the right side and a folding table (for laptop rest time) on the left. There are pictures here if you want to try to judge the amount of room.

http://geocities.com/stevereigle/ then click on "our home." It should give you a pretty good idea what will fit. Measure the depth of your couch to make sure it will clear the slides. Ours is an aftermarket home sofa/sleeper. The recliner is also an aftermarket lazyboy.

Our TV is easily viewable from the recliner and the couch.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote